Vs Viktorias

AdrianMills

As a primary Vics player - Pandora always gets me. Most vics minions have high melee damage and as such getting them to hit themselves is not fun times for the vics, also the vics have relatively low health on both of them and thus quite easy to make them burn stones to try and stay alive with all those wounds caused by WP duels.

don't rely on "tough" minions like teddys, mature nephiliam etc as they should just blast straight through them.

try to get them at range if at all possible, and smash them with negative flips or models that hurt them when killed. The vics are fragile indeed.

Well I've had a bit of trouble with the viks too, they are a glass hammer though, for me as a primarily lady j player it all tends to hinge on the initiative when both sides can charge. So either getting them at range or getting into melee first. Other than the aforementioned Pandora, how about a mature nephilims diving attack, or lilith charging with master of malifaux through terrain.

Dreamer would probably be your best bet. Boomerang in Chompy and kill as many of his minions as possible. If he's got Ronin all the better as he ignores Harmless and gets +2 dg against them.

better off bomeranging in Chompy against one of the vics (sword vic usually) and trying to batter them with onslaught. As tempting as it would be to go after the ronin anyone worth his salt will be either trying to bait Chompy with them so they can set up a counter charge or will remove harmless really really quickly by going doing defensive.

better off bomeranging in Chompy against one of the vics (sword vic usually) and trying to batter them with onslaught. As tempting as it would be to go after the ronin anyone worth his salt will be either trying to bait Chompy with them so they can set up a counter charge or will remove harmless really really quickly by going doing defensive.

You're usually better off going for minions first rather than masters as it's easier to kill them reliably. If the Viks can counter charge a boomeranged Chompy in the first turn I'd be impressed.

At best he'll be able to get 1 ronin to lose harmless before Chompy could get to them.

Lilith with the right Nephilim minions should be ok- go for primordial magic and card cycling.

Panda will nail her all day long if played/fielded correctly.

Zoraida- this is a bit more of a lottery, depending more on the other minions she ha taken, but crystal balling them attacking them with a high class obey can be amusing. Her avatar, being able to pass over the Bayou Two Card to another model, could also be used to 1 hit KO one of them, which drastically reduces their effectiveness (especially if they are unable to summon another).

As others have said, chompy is also a good bet

At the recent Uk GT "Iron Skies" used (read kicked my ass) Pandora, puking snake, 2x stiched, cade, Collidi and 4 mans and it did a very nasty job on me and my Viks.

Also another round I had Collidi and Jack Daw that was painfull.

As a Vik player pandora was the one I wanted to face least.

Warning Pandora may lose you friends and gain you enemies if used all the time;)

As a Vik player pandora was the one I wanted to face least.

Warning Pandora may lose you friends and gain you enemies if used all the time;)

I second this. I'm practically an ex-Pandora player as a couple of my opponents didnt like facing her all the time! The banter was good natured and all cool, but enough to make me realize they didnt enjoy playing her-certainly against reg opponents you both have to be enjoying the games or you dont want to play regularly.

Ive moved onto and back to the cunning machinations of Z and the brutal force of Lilith!

I had no problem vs the Viks when using Zoraida, was easy enough to get rid of the minions and isolate the Viks themselves to hit them with everything.

As long as you have line of sight to stuff I agree. Viks normally have low caches, or if they dont they have a woefully small crew (ive never understand the cache 0 thing- have always felt it should be at least 2 maybe even 3).

We can bring a number of our own beatsticks and WP shennanigans, plus gremlins, von schill, Jack Daw... and now the one they call Sue!

I'm a Lilith player, and one of the guys at my LGS plays the Viks sometimes. Lilith vs Viktoria games are one of my favorite games. I've lost more than I've won, but I think that has more to do with our experience levels than the models. Regardless, playing Lilith against the Viks is just fun, as both crews do basically the same thing in different ways. Win or Lose we always have fun.

Yeah, that's usually my problem with the Viks. With Lilith I think it's good to remember she works best like a wolf pack, draw them in to an area and attack (Diving Attack works great for this). My experience with my Viks player is that he has the same issue. It's easier to bait the Viks into a tempting target (Mature Neph or BBS... maybe even a Terror Tot), then it is for other crews, and then your can turn it on him, once he's committed. The reverse is true for a Lilith player vs the Viks, he might throw out some juicy models but if you over commit he can easily counter charge your model into the ground. In the end I think I give it to the Nephilim because Diving Attack ignores LoS.

In truth, he usually ends up baiting me... thus my win/loss record... but I still say the argument is sound.

the dreamers and daydreams bury/unbury tricks

There's a flaw in that: you can't do it all in one go, if the other player gets a shot at the daydreams, it's toast, and so is this plan. I can see how it works, but in a tactical situation it's nigh-impossible to actually accomplish, or outright suicide to attempt.

I still don't see how LCB can survive, especially if the other player is expecting it, and basically sitting on their biggest hitter for him to pop up.

Yes, but they can't be companioned when they are buried, and I'm pretty sure that if you do bury them, then unbury them, they no longer count as companions, especially since they have to be in play to.

Even if you can, I don't see you using it more than once, as the opposing player will spend the rest of his time murdering the Daydreams until he can get to LCB. Plus, if you're expecting it, you can deploy to counter it pretty easy, using desperate mercs as a wall.

if that one model is the lynchpin of your army... that one loss is pretty devestating. Plus then you still have a conventional battle on your hands to deal with.
He chews into the screen of desperate mercenaries, that anyone who knows what LCB can do will brin. Anyone who built their crew upon a single model, should be prepared to protect that model at all costs, if you do otherwise, you doom yourself to failure.

Ok I been having problems playing against the Viks, what masters / minion would you recommend so far I have ruled out

Collodi (whirlwinded to death)

Adrian, I'd have to say give Collodi another go. Using your movement and companion tricks you can dictate when and where you hit the Viks, in force, whereas they can only attack one model at a time until you bring them together for an onslaught.

In the GT and one of the Leeds tournaments I had my sword Vik attacked by a string of puppets, and burned far too many SS keeping her alive. In response whirlwind took out 3 or 4 puppets (at the GT) but by then the damage was done. If you can wait until the Vik has activated before throwing the puppets at her (by setting her up with a sacrificial model) then Collodi's puppets have a good chance of a second round of combat. Also attacking Bounty Vik first avoids the paired weapons and severely reduces the mobility of sword Vik.

Happy to give you another game some time soon as I have yet to beat Collodi with the Viks.

I am working in Mirfield at the moment...anywhere round there to play?

Edited by Serigala