Auction: Puppet Wars Teddy (Red)

Cadilon

IMG_1675-1.jpg

Item: Puppet Wars Teddy (Red)

Auction Starts: Now

Auction Ends: Friday, November 11, 2011, 9:00pm EST (2:00am GMT)

Starting Bid: $1.00, NO RESERVE

Payment Method: Paypal

Shipping: $5.00 USPS Priority Flat Rate Box to US address; Actual shipping cost to other country.

Eligible Bidders: United States Residents; or non-US residents with excellent reputation with either eBay or other trading site.

Description: This is an auction for a Puppet Wars Teddy (Red), including card. This is a limited edition unpainted figure that is only available from Wyrd as a random insert into Puppet Wars boxes. It is in NEW condition with no defects in either the figure or card. This is an extremely rare item that has been available on these forums and eBay rarely, if ever.

Auction Terms and Conditions:

• This auction will run during the time period indicated above.
  • To bid, reply to this forum with your bid amount. Bids edited after initial posting are void. Bids or offers will not be accepted by Private Message and will be ignored.
  • The winning bid will be the highest bid as posted on this forum thread with a time stamp prior to the time listed above. For example, if the auction ends at 9:00pm, the last possible acceptable bid can have a time stamp of no later than 8:59:59. In the event two or more bids have the same time stamp and same bid amount, the prevailing bid will be the one that appears first in the list of posts.
  • This item will ship once payment has been made and has cleared the Seller's Paypal account.
  • This item is sold AS IS with all defects and faults, and no warranties or guarantees of any kind will be given by the Seller including no warranty of fitness, merchantability or suitability.
  • No Returns will be accepted for this item.
  • The Seller intends and endeavors to honor the successful bid for this item. In the event circumstances outside the Seller's control arise, the Seller reserves the right to cancel this Auction or alter the terms or duration of this Auction at any time.

Thanks, and lets have some fun with this item!

Edited by Cadilon

Well, darn.

I see a loophole in this auction system. Posts/bids can later be edited and keep the same time stamp. Didn't see that one coming.

To resolve this, each new bid must be a new post. I'am subscribed to this thread and will confirm by those emails what the initial bid for that post was.

Its not as elegant or transparent as I'd like, but I think it'll still work.

Well, darn.

I see a loophole in this auction system. Posts/bids can later be edited and keep the same time stamp. Didn't see that one coming.

To resolve this, each new bid must be a new post. I'am subscribed to this thread and will confirm by those emails what the initial bid for that post was.

Its not as elegant or transparent as I'd like, but I think it'll still work.

You can see if the edit happens bellow the post (as long as the edit was a few minutes after). Maybe add a rule that all edited posts are ignored?

Just an idea, not interested in the auction myself.

You can see if the edit happens bellow the post (as long as the edit was a few minutes after). Maybe add a rule that all edited posts are ignored?

This is one of the rules another forum I spend time on does. Edit your post and your bid doesn't count.

This is one of the rules another forum I spend time on does. Edit your post and your bid doesn't count.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do that.

I am looking for where it says it was edited. I can see it on my own posts. Could one of you edit your post to see if it shows up?

Thanks for the help.

UPDATE:

Due to the post editing issues discussed in this thread, edited posts will not be accepted as bids. If in doubt, post it again.

Otherwise, I think this is going well. I personally prefer this type of sale as opposed to trying to contact a seller with the right offer through PM. It does take more time, but I view it as a form of entertainment as well. I am hoping it catches on.

Thanks.