Random Malifaux minis for the boyfriend

Wings

And yet more minis!

Here's an aged up Leveticus:

Leveticus2.jpg

I've finally increased the contrast on Zoraida:

ZoraidaAvatar2.jpg

And a Candy that I painted up a few months ago (and I don't think has been out of the cabinet since :( :-( ). I am *so* pleased with the eyes on her.

Candy.jpg

Thanks for the complements Sybarite and Demonn!

I am indeed real. I make a point of reminding him how lucky he his on a regular basis. He normally counters that by inviting me to actually play...

Well he is one lucky guy certainly! You are awesome!

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

I am indeed real. I make a point of reminding him how lucky he his on a regular basis. He normally counters that by inviting me to actually play...

Well he is one lucky guy certainly! You are awesome!

• 1 month later...

Malifaux is sadly being neglected at the moment, but on Monday I managed to finish off a Diorama for a contest over on the Forum of Doom. (Half an hour before the deadline. Finally getting a job, and Christmas, do not go well with minis).

What does everyone think? Sadly it became a bit rushed at the end and I didn't get to revisit what I'd already done. But tips on making it better and for future improvement would be greatly appreciated!

PC240002ed_zpsb1c458f1.jpg

PC240014ed_zpsb10399c2.jpg

Jack_zps90bdcd03.jpg

PC240024ed_zps65436d00.jpg

And I hope that everyone had a really lovely Christmas. :)

I'm loving this! great job!

every aspect of this is great with the exception of the wall. Don't get me wrong, I think overall it's great, but the wall seems a bit off to me.

first of all - the structure of the wall - all the bricks align - it is too "flat" (you should put some dents and protrusions - make the wall uneven) and then when you paint it - just add another highlight to the bricks/stones.

but again, those are really nitpicks on my part :)

(and merry Christmas!)

I'd have liked to have spent more time on the wall and make it more varied and uneven, but using a ruler sadly made it so much faster. Next time hopefully! It looks better in reality as one outer side is slightly concave whilst the other is convex. The inside wall I was never happy with.

I will go and give it another highlight though. I'd forgotten it needed another one...

• 5 weeks later...

So last weekend I finally managed to get some painting in again, and I eventually took WIP photos today. This is a 54mm sculpt that I really like so plan to paint up another in a different colour scheme at some point (the other one isn't broken either). She still needs tidying up a lot but I'm reasonably pleased with her progress so far.

Shae54mmWIP2_zps74ab4301.jpg

Shae54mmWIP3_zps26f9b224.jpg

The first picture is slightly more accurate regarding the colours used. Any suggestions for improvement would be hugely appreciated. Also, does anyone have any ideas for freehand or something like that? Given how gigantic she is I feel like I *ought* to make it a bit more complicated...

In other news, the diorama I posted here last was voted second in the contest I entered it in. :)

congrats on second place!

lovely paintjob on the new mini. (apart from the crotch thingy my compatriot mentioned.. :) )

as far as the freehand, I'd leave her as is. she is a simple mini that in my mind would only get cluttered with additional freehand...

maybe only a subtle one on the inside of the cloak on the bottom (as a lining of sorts)...

Thanks Demonn! I'll have a think about something at the bottom of the cloak. I might just leave it on this version given the rustic nature of the colour scheme. Whatever happens, I'll try and get more work done on her over the weekend and take some more photos.

Blimey Wings...... SKILLS or what.

The work you do on faces is nuts, all the little touches of purple or blue to skin tones gives them a great look, what you do with the eyes, well that's just..... flipping obscene.

Do you use a magnifying/light or something to help doing the finer detail out of curiosity. Will have to check the tutorial on faces by Ali McVey that you put up, thanks for putting that link up by the way.

Great choices of colors on the elf archer, they go together very well. You say that it's a wip but it already looks very impressive. Some areas could use a bit cleaning up (pants/arrows) but I'm sure the final effect will be pretty amazing.

As far as freehand is concerned you could try something small, for example some gold nmm pattern in the corner of the cloak.

Agermemnon - thanks :) I'm lucky enough to be able to stick with just my eyes for detail work, but I've also got access to some pretty good lamps that illuminate the mini really well without heating up at all. The Ali McVey tutorials were an amazing boost to my painting as it had never occurred to me to add interesting colours to skin before.

Viruk - I've already painted up a 28mm version in very similar colours, so in a way this is just refining that initial paint job and making it more interesting. Good idea for the freehand - I've never tried nmm before so it'd be nice to try something new.

It looks unlikely that I'll get any more work done on Shae this weekend as I spent all of today assembling Sedition Wars minis. Fingers crossed for this week though...

Good to see you back here Evilbleachman! Stupidly I didn't take photos of the diorama girl before adding her. I can see what I can do photowise though.

I managed to do a small amount more work on my elf girl last week, but not enough to post progress photos. Sadly I think the tablet I took the photos on were hugely flattering. I might stick with it for all my future photos. ;)

So here's the latest on Shae. I've cleaned up her crotch and got rid of all the random blobs of paint that I could see. Is there anything that I've missed? I went with a simple gold border to her cloak as anything else seemed too ostentatious. Help improving it would be greatly appreciated (I think it looks fine, but I've never tried something like this before).

Shae54mmWIP5_zpsa5c6f317.jpg

Shae54mmWIP6_zpsac09570f.jpg

Shae54mmWIP7_zps2e7a466f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've managed to do more painting! I took four days off work so I actually managed to have a weekend (I don't get many of those at the moment) and painted 1.5 minis. Sadly they weren't Malifaux but we can't have everything. I'd intended to paint up Nicodem's Avatar finally but instead went for minis that I'd already assembled and had been sitting in my cabinet for the last couple of years. As soon as I'm near the minis in daylight again (i.e. next week I hope) I'll take some photos.

And thanks for the positive feedback i_was_like_you. :)