Random Malifaux minis for the boyfriend

Wings

• 2 months later...

Very impressive. There are so many talented painters on this forum and you are,in my opinion,one of them. I do have a question. How do you get so much detail on the faces? I try and try and end up with...well...for lack of a better word(and it being Halloween) Leatherface. It's quite depressing really :/

@Pinkadam - :) You've just made me very happy. Faces are what I've spent the most amount of time working on improving so part of it is just spending a lot of time thinking about how you want them to look and trying and trying and trying... Thin paints are absolutely essential as otherwise the face ends up all clumpy and gross. This tutorial by Ali McVey was also really useful in learning how to highlight a face properly.

Good luck and I hope to see more of your work!

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

So I finally managed to take some photos of my minis. Here follows lots and lots of photos. They're not great I'm afraid as I was trying to take them while the kitchen table was mostly covered with face paints and other things that take up more space than they have any right to.

So here's a photo of Leveticus as I'd realised I'd never managed that when he was painted. Rusty Alyce and the Hollow Waif that I've posted up earlier in my thread are on the same bases.

Liviticus.jpg

And here's the finished Pandora (or as finished as she's likely to get). The woes coming out of her box need more contrast ideally, but I'm pretty pleased with her hair and coat.

Pandora.jpg

Then there are a couple of Hasslefree minis that I've painted up recently and am really pleased with. The first is Alicia who was a birthday present from my boyfriend. She looks much better in reality sadly, so I'll definitely have to try and get some more accurate photos at some point.

Alicia.jpg

And the other is Deth and Taxxis. This was the first time I've tried to paint in texture and I think it worked really well. Again, more contrast would probably be great, but I'm happy.

DethandTaxxis.jpg

Finally here's a Reaper mini that I got a year or two ago and eventually got around to painting. Her sword isn't great but I'm pleased with the rest of her. This was also my first attempt at OSL

ReaperAngel.jpg

As usual comments and criticism would be greatly appreciated!

Very nice work all around. I think Leveticus' face could use some deeper shades to better reflect his age but other than that I like everything I see here. The woes coming out of the box look perfect to me, they have this nice watery-ethereal feel to them and it looks fantastic imho.

Thanks Demonn!

And here are some more photos! Not of minis this time though. I finally managed to take some photos of the terrain I've been working on at very long intervals over the last couple of years. My boyfriend wanted some modular terrain, so we have nine pieces each one foot square. There's fixed terrain on the corners and centre (my work) and he's been doing some moveable terrain.

PB060001.jpg

PB060003.jpg

PB060008.jpg

This looks nice! well done.

the building, is it Sarissa?

if it is, could you take a pic with some Wyrd minis in and around it so I can get a perspective of the scale of the piece as I'm thinking of buying some. I'm currently weighing my options between Sarissa and Blackwater Gulch (have you seen their terrain?).

I've touched up a couple of already painted minis, and when I was photographing them I realised that there were various other Malifaux minis that I'd forgotten to photograph. Here are some Rotten Belles that I did a few months/a year ago. I'll post up the other photos tomorrow when I've had time to go through them and make sure they're all in focus etc.

My least favourite of the lot:

RottenBelleRed.jpg

Was my least favourite until I discovered how well she painted up:

RottenBellePurple.jpg

My favourite:

RottenBelleBlue.jpg

They all need basing as they were sent home from university and then disappeared into the depths of my boyfriends bag, so I need to work out what to do there.

Thanks for looking!