Painting pale skin

Guild Monkee

This is going to sound very strange, and I know it...but I'm very serious that it works. For your base color, do a 50/50 mix of Hormagaunt Purple and Tallarn Flesh, Tallarn Flesh as your midtone, and a mix of Tallarn Flesh and another brighter color (Bleached Bone can work, Skull White, Astronomican Grey...depending on how sickly you want the color. I'd recommend the Bleached Bone myself). It really does work. To even out the shading, just build it up all at once in one mix.

Edonil, at work not so dont have the paints in front of me, but would the grey one as final coat look right for dead flesh? Need to figure out how to paint dead justice and co. And so wondering if that could work, as I suck at painting flesh even more so than the rest of the models:)

Edonil, at work not so dont have the paints in front of me, but would the grey one as final coat look right for dead flesh? Need to figure out how to paint dead justice and co. And so wondering if that could work, as I suck at painting flesh even more so than the rest of the models:)

for undead...

I've had alot of good turn out with using a grey basecoat (troll flesh highlight from PP, it's a really light, ashey grey) then washing it with a mix of Ogrun Flesh and Leviathan purple... (or thraka green if i want more zombie flesh)

Actually, the best thing I've found for painting Dead Skin was a set of Reaper Paints. They have an Undead Skin Tone triad, which you can find here: http://www.thewarstore.com/product60217.html

Definately second the Reaper Paints recommendation, they are very nice and usually can be purchased in a triad of Shadow, mid-tone, and highlight. I only wish I would have invested in them from the start, the more I use them the more I want them all (like Pokemon).

Also while trying to paint my Stuffed Piglets (knew I should have written down my earlier recipe) I found a pretty good recipe...

• GW Shadow Gray Base Coat
  • GW Rotting Flesh
  • GW Gryphonne Sepia Wash (Slightly warm tone) or GW Asurman Blue Wash (thinned heavily) for a slightly colder tone

Edited by Omenbringer