A Pledge to all us writers

Thechosenone

So it was brought up in another thread but i think it bares mention here and hopefully is worthy of your support.

Its hard to get comments from those that read the stories posted here. Often times we'll see sixty or seventy plus views on things that have no responses.

As a writer nothing pleases me more than feedback. Any one of you who've started a thread in any part of the forum do so with the intention, not to have views, but to have a discussion.

I pledge that no matter what i read in the Writing Room that I will leave a comment and I'll try and make it a meaningful one if possible.

How you comment is up to you but even if you just said that you liked it we writers would appreciate even that.

From this day forward I'll be commenting on everything i read here. Join me, please. We all work hard, let's show our gratitude for each others entertainment and creativity with a few seconds of interaction shall we.

Well, as a storyteller in this very thread, (see link below...shameless plug) it is good to have feedback, and I have been guilty of reading some stories and not leaving anything.

I will pledge from now on that if i read some work, I will leave some comments..and hope that people who stumble across mine will do the same!

And just as a warning to those who haven't read any of my stuff yet, there is quite a lot!

Agreed. I usually try to post something...but as with most of us, I tend to forget from time to time.

I know how you feel with responses, or lack thereof. The first story I put up here a long while back (admittedly not my best or most thought out story) got like 120+ views and no responses. Sometimes we just take that to mean, "Well that was the worst piece of garbage...I'm not even going to dignify that with a response." Though this is usually not the intention of the reader, but still, feedback is always nice. The impact, though, is that I haven't done anything more with that character. :(

Agreed. I usually try to post something...but as with most of us, I tend to forget from time to time.

I know how you feel with responses, or lack thereof. The first story I put up here a long while back (admittedly not my best or most thought out story) got like 120+ views and no responses. Sometimes we just take that to mean, "Well that was the worst piece of garbage...I'm not even going to dignify that with a response." Though this is usually not the intention of the reader, but still, feedback is always nice. The impact, though, is that I haven't done anything more with that character. :(

That seems a shame...give me the link to that first story and I'll take a look....and let you know...

Shame to see what could be a good character go to waste.

I like the idea of pledging to comment and if I get around to reading some of the stuff on this subforum, I'll do so. I suppose (for Devil's Advocate purposes) that a possible downside is clutter of a story thread with comments inbetween "chapters"(posts) by the author. I guess that would be the author's fault for not reserving additional posts and can also be addressed by simply continuing later chapters in a new thread (linked to the original, of course).

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18830&highlight=runnin%27

That should be the link AB. Like I said, not my best, I think I wrote it in like an hour at work, haha. The character was adapted from someone I came up with for a 40k story, but he seemed easy to adapt to malifaux. I just feel like I jumped around a bit too much with his personality. The more I write on this forum the more I realize I'm better at the dark, twisted stuff than the action story.....maybe I have issues hahahahaha.