Ortega Your Money, 13th November

Tiny

Location: Southern Battle Gamers. The Sylvania Heights Community and Youth Club Box Road. http://www.southernbattlegamers.org/index....=8&Itemid=6

When: Sunday 13th November

Masters: Ortega Your Money is a fixed faction event, you choose your faction at the start of the tournament and may choose masters and minions available to that faction each game.

Soulstones: 35ss scraps.

Rounds: Ortega Your Money is a 4 round event.

Pairings: The first pairing of the day will be a random draw. Pairings for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds will be seeded and where possible same faction match ups will be avoided.

Scoring: Scoring will be done using the Domination format from Gaining Ground, which is scored TP/DIFF/VP

Tables: The tables will be 3’x3’ and will have at least half the table covered in terrain where possible, tables will be set up before the event. Special events and terrain will not be used.

Proxies: Proxies for unreleased models allowed but must be painted, please make sure that the model you're using as a proxy is similar to what the model would look like and is on the correct base. If you wanted to proxy other models please PM me or reply to this thread so we can work out if it’s too confusing or not.

Painting: There is no painting requirement for this tourney however there will be a prize for best painted.

Cost: $15 with all money going back to the players in prize support. Payment should be made before the event. The money should be direct deposited into the following account:

David Arrebola

BSB: 112879

Account number: 66623622

St George Bank

Prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall and best painted. If we have enough numbers I’ll add more like a wooden spoon and most hilarious event in game. One player may not win more than 1 prize, so if you get first and best painted you will get the prize worth the highest monetary value.

Rankings: This tournament will be uploaded to rankingshq.

Winning: The winner of the tournament will have the next tournament named after the master they played the most games with.

Strategies:

Game 1: Shared Destroy The Evidence

Game 2: Shared Slaughter

Game 3: Shared Treasure Hunt

Game 4: Shared Claim Jump

Schemes: All schemes are unique and may only be taken once per tournament.

Timetable:

9:00am Check in/registration

9:30am – Game 1 Begins

11:15am – Game 2 Begins

1pm - Lunch

1:45pm – Game 3 Begins

3:30pm – Game 4 Begins

5:15pm – Pack up/ Winners announced/ Prizes distributed

Version 2 cards will be used at this tourney if you’re not sure what the changes are please have a look here:

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showpost.php?p...amp;postcount=1

Any questions at all feel free to PM me or reply to this thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi all, thanks for the help today lending me a crew, tape measure and everything else. Seamus and crew were safely found back on the ironing board where I'd left them.

David.

P.S. Tiny, If I win many more spoons, can we switch to wooden forks and then knives? :-)

Your just after a Malifaux Salad Set!

Tiny I'm going to have to find out where your getting those made so I can order some hehehe...

It was a great day otherwise and I had some of the toughest games I've ever had... very enjoyable.

The Wife wasn't happy at the time I came home though... I don't know if 3 Games would be better to keep spouses happy!

Ok so another tourney done and dusted. Thanks to everyone for making the Effort to come along. Great to see alot of new faces. And each tourney growing in numbers is definitely a good sign of things to come in the next year of malifaux.

So here are the results

Rank Name Faction Tp/Diff/VP

1. Sam Moore - Arcanists - 12/+21/29

2. Roy Diprose - Ressurectionists - 10/+17/27

3. Eric Iwasenko - Neverborn - 9/+12/23

4. Zoran Tillers - Neverborn - 9/+7/20

5. Sean Finlay - Guild - 6/0/16

6. Mark Williams - Neverborn - 6/-5/18

7. Damian Smith - Guild - 6/-9/12

8. Nicholas Gum - Neverborn - 5/+3/10

9. Troy - Neverborn - 5/-2/16

10. David Ferguson - Arcanists - 4/-4/15

11. Brendan Murray - Outcasts - 3/0/18

12. Steven Quinn - Guild - 3/0/12

13. Matt Cole - Ressurectionists - 0/-18/1

14. David Reidy - Outcasts - 0/-22/8

I think the next gaining ground tourney will be 3 games instead of 4 as its a long day. Either that or make the rounds 1hr30mins instead of 1hr 45mins.

As always leave comments or criticisms, anything really to help make the events better.

I'll be posting up some of the rules questions that came up during the tournament to get a definitive answer for following tournies. Anything you'd like me to add to it please let me know.

I have to also say, its great seeing how much effort everyone is putting into painting their crews there were some really beautiful ones there yesterday. I'd have to say Roy's McM crew was beautiful.

Apologies for lack of pictures as I checked my camera 2 days before the event to make sure it had batteries and everything was sweet, then left it on... so the battery drained AND left my charged at home. Because I'm special.

Must also say was trying to decide between 2012 being the year of the crow or born for me interms of tournies and its most definitely the crow. Bring on the green icon!

Thanks again for coming.