New Player 35pt Viktoria List

Foton

So I'm a new play just getting into the game, I've purchased quiet a bit of Outcast stuff. Here's the list I've got built.

Viktorias

Hans - 8

Student of Conflict - 3

Ronin x 2- 10

Convict Gunslinger- 8

Johan - 6

35pts and 0 SS left over.

Thinking about dropping Johan and putting in a desperate mercenary. Idea is to take advantage of the Viks full threat range, pop Ronins for Soul stones as needed and use attack several times an activation with just about every model, using the totem to give Hans fast so he has 3 shots to trigger Headshot as much as often.

This is my usual "all comers" Viktorias list. Taelor is Johan's big sister, and is much better in my opinion. If you MUST stand back and shoot, Ronin aren't awful, just make sure you shoot with them after you've whittled down your opponent's hand to even the odds. The gunslinger's rapid fire can help this along.

Outcasts Crew - 35 - Scrap

Viktoria
--
5 Pool

• Convict Gunslinger
    [5ss]

• Freikorps Librarian
    [7ss]

• Ronin
    [5ss]

• Ronin
    [5ss]

• Taelor
    [8ss]

I will toss my usual list in also.

0 Viks

3 Student of Conflict

9 Von Schill

5 Convict Gunslinger

10 2x Ronin

27 Soul Stones 8 Pool

This list can play the run forward and kill or wait and shoot. With 3 people with use soulstone 8 will go pretty fast. Some people don't like the student but there are many tricks he can do. Giving a gunslinger fast is one of them (move+rapid fire=win).

Glad my LFGS is gettin my Von Schill box I ordered in tomorrow then. Sounds like a pimp. And it seems like everyone plays the viks a little differently, but enough of the same principals are applied to really help me in a strong direction. Thanks for the lists guys.

Hijynx, I'm not really sure on what the Librarian does and how he's useful.

I will toss my usual list in also.

0 Viks

3 Student of Conflict

9 Von Schill

5 Convict Gunslinger

10 2x Ronin

27 Soul Stones 8 Pool

This list can play the run forward and kill or wait and shoot. With 3 people with use soulstone 8 will go pretty fast. Some people don't like the student but there are many tricks he can do. Giving a gunslinger fast is one of them (move+rapid fire=win).

To the OP, this is the most easily grasped list given.

If gives you super high mobility and firepower with Von Schill, additional firepower (And some card manipulation) with the Convict, and the Ronin are a must have if you mess up bad.

I can't really say many positive things with the Student of Conflict but it is a 3 point model that gives fast.

From what I've seen so far in my own games, Student of Conflict is based on the scenario and opponent's faction. I definitely do see him justifying his cost often, but sometimes that Fast is just what you need to shift the odds in your favor.

As for easily grasped, I kinda like to jump in the deep end. :)

Hijynx, I'm not really sure on what the Librarian does and how he's useful.

Well people use her to heal the Viks or others. Since Vik can allow the other to get hit with the heal also you can double up. The problem I have with the Librarian is it is super fragile. At DF 3 and WD 6 it is pretty much a strike away from death always. Personally that is why I take max soul stones. Use those to heal/prevent damage. It doesn't cost you actions either to prevent. If you are running the librarian a good player will just make sure to kill it or any model that it could heal when attacking (instead of just damaging them). For 7 stones you could have another ronin and a desperate merc or 1 more stone and you can have Taylor. Both of those are awesome choices. Many people disagree with me about why the librarian is bad but having run her many times and playing the Viks almost exclusively at tournaments for the last 2 years (ask Nilus) those are my findings. Just remember Viks are fragile masters and are prone to dying that is why you can make more (not always the right choice to sac a ronin though).

Well people use her to heal the Viks or others. Since Vik can allow the other to get hit with the heal also you can double up. The problem I have with the Librarian is it is super fragile. At DF 3 and WD 6 it is pretty much a strike away from death always. Personally that is why I take max soul stones. Use those to heal/prevent damage. It doesn't cost you actions either to prevent. If you are running the librarian a good player will just make sure to kill it or any model that it could heal when attacking (instead of just damaging them). For 7 stones you could have another ronin and a desperate merc or 1 more stone and you can have Taylor. Both of those are awesome choices. Many people disagree with me about why the librarian is bad but having run her many times and playing the Viks almost exclusively at tournaments for the last 2 years (ask Nilus) those are my findings. Just remember Viks are fragile masters and are prone to dying that is why you can make more (not always the right choice to sac a ronin though).

If you keep the Librarian near Von Schil and then the Librarian can drop a ram to heal itself with its slow to die. I think depending on the strat you could bunch up with the Viks pretty well and hold ground like no ones business.

I play van schill and the librarian is awesome in his list with the buff to give +2 df to herself and other krops members and the ability to Heal its great, in a vik list it can slow you down but remember that any spell cast on one vik affects both of them, so one healing spell on the shooty one in the back will heal the swordy one in the fray.

Also by discarding a ram and another card you could do the healing spell 3 times in one turn with only needing a 4+ card of any suit.

But both viks are fast, so it really depends on how you play them, they could easly out run your librarian. So it comes down to playing style. I would play a few games with and without the librarian to see if she fits your playing style.

Edited by TimeLapse