Bloodlust of the Masamune

Dolomyte

Question

Bloodlust of the masamune : When this model activates, its first Action MUST be a melee strike action targeting a model in this model's melee range, a charge action targeting the nearest enemy model. If this model does not take one of these two actions first during its activation, it suffers 2 Wd.

Really guys? I feel like we're not taking a step forward on the whole wording stuff clearly front. what does the above mean.

A. The victorias must take an attack against a model in melee or charge a model. (which can fail, and then end their activation)

B. The victorias may not do either of those things, and instead take 2 wds.

C. The victorias must take an attack against a model in melee or charge a model, and take 2 wounds and lose the activation if the charge fails

The fact this even has to be asked $$$$$$$$es me off because I do see other improvements in how the books are being written rule clarity wise, specifically the whole AR: bit.

12 answers to this question

Seems to me that B would be the only one that makes sense.

I agree, but the wording on bloodlust states MUST and then gives the option to attack or charge then period. If that period is a typo and should be a comma, it would be grammatically ok.

as its worded now, I believe A is the only option

The fact that you need to ask the question might also indicate that you're trying too hard to read into it something that's not there? Maybe there are loopholes here to exploit but the intent seems very clearly written to me:

You activate the combined girls. The first thing you do is one of a set of 3 options:

1) Attack anything in melee.

2) Charging something to attack it.

3) Opting to do something different which would punch her psyche because she really, really wants to attack something (punching a psyche does 2 Wd).

The fact that you need to ask the question might also indicate that you're trying too hard to read into it something that's not there? Maybe there are loopholes here to exploit but the intent seems very clearly written to me:

You activate the combined girls. The first thing you do is one of a set of 3 options:

3) Opting to do something different which would punch her psyche because she really, really wants to attack something (punching a psyche does 2 Wd).

I have to disagree here. It does say must followed by a period. There is no choice. It's 1 or 2, and if those don't happen (because they can't), then 3.

Im sorry nerdelemental but that frankly does not fly for me. I understand what the intent of the rule is, but its not written that way, and its not written clearly. I'm not reading too much into it, im reading it. You've been on these forums for a while and seen the types of posts that the rules forum is getting. This is going to come up in a tournament, or a game somewhere, and some TO is going to rule that the viks have to charge and fail, ending their activation. I don't think thats the intent, but thats how the rule is written.

I got briefly confused by your post there. 'May not' means the same as 'can not'. As in: 'May I?' 'No you may not'. I'm guessing you mean 'may choose not to'.

So in a post complaining about unclear wording you've posted unclear wording yourself.

Anyway I would read that as: If possible, make a strike or a charge. (As it says 'Must') If ou can't then take 2 wds.

I got briefly confused by your post there. 'May not' means the same as 'can not'. As in: 'May I?' 'No you may not'. I'm guessing you mean 'may choose not to'.

So in a post complaining about unclear wording you've posted unclear wording yourself.

Anyway I would read that as: If possible, make a strike or a charge. (As it says 'Must') If ou can't then take 2 wds.

But you can always charge, the charge just fails. if the charge fails, their activation ends, ala called to slaughter.

Bloodlust of the masamune : When this model activates, its first Action MUST be a melee strike action targeting a model in this model's melee range, a charge action targeting the nearest enemy model. If this model does not take one of these two actions first during its activation, it suffers 2 Wd.

Really guys? I feel like we're not taking a step forward on the whole wording stuff clearly front. what does the above mean.

A. The victorias must take an attack against a model in melee or charge a model. (which can fail, and then end their activation)

B. The victorias may not do either of those things, and instead take 2 wds.

C. The victorias must take an attack against a model in melee or charge a model, and take 2 wounds and lose the activation if the charge fails

The fact this even has to be asked $$$$$$$$es me off because I do see other improvements in how the books are being written rule clarity wise, specifically the whole AR: bit.

If there is no model (friendly or enemy) in her melee range and if there is not an enemy in her LoS that she can charge (she still requires LoS to a model in order to charge), she suffers 2 Wd.

Keep your temper in check please.

If there is no model (friendly or enemy) in her melee range and if there is not an enemy in her LoS that she can charge (she still requires LoS to a model in order to charge), she suffers 2 Wd.

Keep your temper in check please.

Fair enough. so then option a. would be the correct one.

The 2 wound scenario is only presented with nothing in line of sight and / or due to some other non charging variable (IE the lawyer censuring charges)