is friendly a two-way street?

Therril_83

Question

I'm about to play a game of Lilith vs Ophelia this weekend and I thought I'd try to find an answere to a question I've been thinking about.

If I use Tuco's spell Taint Loyalty on Ophelia, she "is not considered friendly to any other model in the game". So, another gremlin looking at her sees an enemy (as there is no neutral status), no question there.

But when she looks upon another gremlin, what does she see? The wording specifially mentions the target being friendly to others, not what others are to the target.

By the letter, I'd say she still sees a friendly model. But I'm hoping there is a ruling I've missed, as that would give me another way to effectively debuff the gremlins..

9 answers to this question

yeah I had similar issues when I read the rules and the lawyer rules.

although I read it as if the abilities created a neutral state and things would not change to enemy.

I guess I have no idea how these abilities work in game mechanics.

per example:

"Friendly models are not affected by a friendly model's Terrifying Ability."

from (http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?19283-Terrifying-affects-own-models/page2&highlight=friendly)

Edited by bashamer
adding an example

There is actually a neutral status. See Nicodems Mindless Zombies.

Yes, but for all means and purposes a Mindless Zombie is simply hostile to all the crews. Or to put it other way around, Neutral is merely the name of the special rule, not really a game term (like "friendly" or "enemy" model).