20ss Lucius list

Koschai

Okay so as a followup to my last post I now have a bunch of models :)

Here is the list I'll be kicking off our league playing. Do you think it will stand up to other possible 20ss lists and where do you think I'll have problems outside of my own lack of experience?

Lucius (2ss)

Drill Sgt

Austringer

2 Guild Guards

2 Guild Hounds

I would will drop the hounds for a 2nd Austringer and 3rd stone if he arrives (still on order) and can be painted in time.

I do have a couple of other models and can switch out the Hounds for a 3rd Guardsman if the objectives dont call for fast scoring units. When the league gets up to 30ss I will include the Guard Captain or Ryle.

Edited by Koschai

I certainly think a second Austringer is important (they aren't as effective alone), but the list works, and should be effective...

If I were in your place I would ask myself these questions:

How does my crew deal with Nb? Ressers? Arcanists? Outcasts? Other Guild crews? Look at Wp and Df - is there anyone who has higher stats so they can take on casters or melee experts?

What are the weaknesses in these models, and do other models fill that weakness, or do they make it worse?

With a fixed crew (or a semi fixed crew with a sideboard), it's difficult to anticipate rapid movement and faction opposition. But my making the crew as "jack-of-all-trades" as possible, you'll be better off.

Thanks. I'm limited in my options right now as while (despite having very limited experience) I have most of the Neverborn Models and most variation of Viks and Levi lists I could come up with I wanted to kick of this league playing something different so went with Lucius. This though means I am limited by both available models and available painted models!

At higher SS levels I'll add the option of Lady J as a master and maybe switching out Guardsmen for Death Marshals but I want to ultimatly work towards an Avatar Lady J list with Lucius and a larger number of weaker models to benefit from her Avatar perks, with the option to switch out a few tougher models if the objectives demand it. Thats the plan anyway.

As to the questions, I'm not sure how best to answer them but I'll think on it :) thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

So I never got my 2nd Austringer :( but am pretty much ready with the 7 model Lucius crew listed above.

My 1st opponent (friend of mine) will be running McMourning with Sebastian, a Belle, maybe a crooked man, some dogs and the Chihuahua.... He'll no doubt through some shenanigans get his Flesh Construct out turn 1 and I'm thinking I'll have a tough time dealing with that.

I'm not overly confident agianst this matchup frankly but dont want to be too fatalistic. Any tips or tactical suggestions that might help me out?

EDIT:

Given what I'm facing would I be better considering trading the two Hounds and my soulstones for Ryle and a 0 ss cache?

Edited by Koschai

• 2 weeks later...

So I get another game in with Lucius, this time at 25ss with a 2nd Austringer. My Oppoent running Raspy with totem, Golumn, Acolyte and Gamin (no Snowstorm)

Things go very well for me. Though I lose an Austringer to getting one-shotted by the Acolyte my massed gunline just blows the Gamin to pieces and takes the Acolyte down hard after he's done his damage. My Guild Hounds are increadible hunting down the totem and eventually taking Raspy out in assault. But not before she gets to go postal on Lucius. Thankfully the negetive flip from Highest Authority in the land keepos him from taking any damage at all (though it cost me a soul stone).

Unfortunatly we are pretty much playing for schemes as the main objective of the game is Carver (were playing the Helloween special mission) and we both plan on just staying away from him (I did 7 wounds to him though).

We Grudge/frame for murder the same model so its all on 1 scheme and while I get mine easily I make an error in misunderstanding what terrain piece he needs to interact with for his scheme and allow his Golum to walk right up to it...

So while dominating the game we end on a tie lol.

I have to say I'm really liking Guild Hounds, they are just so fast they can zip around hunting objectives or making flank moves to go after weaker model. Thier better than I expected in a fight too. Getting my 2nd Austringer one shotted turn 1 though was a pain. The one Austringer did so well I wish my 2nd had survived a little longer lol.

So bumping to 30ss I am thinking of adding Lady J and losing the 2nd Austringer again. That said that 2nd Austringer... maybe I could lose the Hounds... but... My opponent will probably be Guild this time... Thoughts?

Edited by Koschai

I was able to try out the 35 ss game using the following:

Lady J (plus avatar though it was more to try it out and never got to)

Lucious

Drill Sergeant

2 Austringers

1 Guild Guardsman

2 Guild Hounds

and like a 6 ss cache.

It was beautiful brought a tear to my eye. I lost in the end vs pandora and her avatar though it was due to a few poor flips on my part in crucial times and this was him having intiaitve every turn of the game. The mindscrew of him having to stay away from my austringers was hillarious, and i kept bating him with lucious, and then used cordon so he couldn't actually get near him and then threw out lady j in front of his grill and went to town on some of his models. HILLARIOUS and very very effective.

Edit: I see this as an effective running style regardless of situation as while it is an effective gunline, you can manouver the hounds/ladyj/guild guard to be a melee group as well. Making the group very versitile.