Ashen Core

Drifter

Hi everybody,

I just tried to get the stats and rules for the Ashen Core / Dust Storm together. I know that EricJ posted them somewhere and found a link, but I can't access the page without a PW. So if any of you would be so kind to post the stats of the Dust Storm again for me I would be happy :)

Are there any other changes we know about these model? I've read a bit and saw the assumption that it could be a spirit (with "hard to wound", wow!).

I desperately tried to figure out how to use this model in a funky leveticus list (say with Alyce and some SPA's) but it expensiveness makes it hard to get something together in lets say the 35 SS range.

I thought of it like a big up front scenario grabber as the above mentioned list could have a hard time with some scenarios...

Any thoughts and or the stats?

Thanks, cheers,

Drifter

Hi everybody,

I just tried to get the stats and rules for the Ashen Core / Dust Storm together. I know that EricJ posted them somewhere and found a link, but I can't access the page without a PW. So if any of you would be so kind to post the stats of the Dust Storm again for me I would be happy :)

Are there any other changes we know about these model? I've read a bit and saw the assumption that it could be a spirit (with "hard to wound", wow!).

I desperately tried to figure out how to use this model in a funky leveticus list (say with Alyce and some SPA's) but it expensiveness makes it hard to get something together in lets say the 35 SS range.

I thought of it like a big up front scenario grabber as the above mentioned list could have a hard time with some scenarios...

Any thoughts and or the stats?

Thanks, cheers,

Drifter

It looks like the stats where in that Book 2 questions section that got archived instead of merged... got a lot of dead links on the Wiki from that... it's a huge mess. But I've got the corrected stats at home so I'll get them to you later tonight if no one else posts them before.

Ashes and Dust has popped up a few times on the forums and I've been recently proxying him a ton to get his Article on the wiki ready. But he is so much more then a funky objective grabber. A&D has the potential to be Levy's most dangerous minion and can be incredibly durable with Ashen Core and Dust Storm bringing him back.

But I know what you mean, thats a lot of points to sink into a single model and really hurts. Ill try to post up more about him later tonight or tomorrow but he really is fantastic once he hits the table. Some stuff looks better on paper then it is in game, but other stuff is better on the table then it is on paper. The interactions he has with the Desolation Engine and the SPA's is very nice but a bit situational.

Corrected Dust Storm Stat Line as of the previous ruling on it:

Dust Storm

Construct, Insignificant, Spirit, Unique

Wk/Cg: 6/-

Ht: 2

Wp: 5

Ca: 4

Df: 7

Wd: 3

Nothing else was changed at the time of the correction, but luckily the card is due out inside of October. Maybe if we ask nice enough a Marshal will verify the corrected stats before then. If they differ from the previous ones I'll correct this post.

Edited by karn987