Levy without SPA's? A new list

Eisenhorn

I have a whole bunch of games under my belt with Levy and his SPA gimmick has served me well. The problem is that the my opponents are not stupid and have quickly caught on that they just need to kill one to ruin my beat face fun. As a result I have been tinkering around with with an alternate Levy list which doesn't use any SPA's. Anyway let me know if i'm heading down a dead end or if this 35SS list might actually work.

Leveticus

Killjoy

Bete Noire

Necropunk

Necropunk

Crooligan

Crooligan

---------

34ss 1 Cache

Sideboard for Killjoy:

Dead Rider

Hooded Rider

Thoughts?

I have a whole bunch of games under my belt with Levy and his SPA gimmick has served me well. The problem is that the my opponents are not stupid and have quickly caught on that they just need to kill one to ruin my beat face fun. As a result I have been tinkering around with with an alternate Levy list which doesn't use any SPA's. Anyway let me know if i'm heading down a dead end or if this 35SS list might actually work.

Leveticus

Killjoy

Bete Noire

Necropunk

Necropunk

Crooligan

Crooligan

---------

34ss 1 Cache

Sideboard for Killjoy:

Dead Rider

Hooded Rider

Thoughts?

Let me start off by saying, you don't need to run Levy with SPA's to be effective. You will want to bring them and your Engine to every game you play because it's rather easy to get 4 during game play and you'd be remiss not to take advantage of this.

That said, I run many Levy lists without SPA's being the main focus. I've evolved my lists over time to actually include 2 SPA's at the start and relying on making 2 more early on in the game (which happens about 70% of the time).

As for that list, it could certainly work. You have the Necropunks for hte Killjoy Delivery system and Bette is certainly a very solid minion. Crooligans... I'm not really sold on with Leveticus. They are ok minions in my mind, but without a support Master I'm just eh about them. So simply, I don't like them with Leveticus. I think you'd be better served taking a variety of different things.

Look to the guild, the new Warden is fantastic and when paired with a Hunter you have a very dangerous hunting pair. You always have Samaurai Punk Zombies you could use as well as Belles. Never forget the Arcanists Spider Swarms or the Soulstone Miner either, both are really dangerous minions. Then you have all the Riders which work fantastically with Leveticus, you really want ot end up owning all 4 in the end.

Leveticus lists face 1 very real problem, to many options. This leads to Analysis Paralysis in a lot of people because you can build so many types of lists!

What I think you should do first is figure out what kind of list you want to build. Do you want to focus on range, melee, speed, armor, swarms of units, few elite units etc. From there it becomes much easier to build out your list and get it up to speed. So what style of play are you looking for?

Must say, the Soulstone Miner has served me very, very well with Ramos. Leveticus promises even more shennanegans, as he can give it a crow to it's combat at which point it buries and keeps it till it pops up with 4 attacks, all of which auto-trigger Syphon Essence to gain a soulstone if you kill something.

Simply beautiful.

I tried him the other night with Lazarus. It worked quite well. My opponent ALMOST killed Lazarus twice, but he lived until the end of the game. He's a solid minion with good ranged and melee abilities, and assimilating Hard to Wound from a SPA was about the best thing the SPA did all game.

Damn Friekorp...