Myranda: have you got a model for each morphing?

poulpox

Hi there!

I'm preparing for my new Marcus crew and consider Myranda's usage; I'm wondering if players usually have a model of each of the things she can turn into?

This seems to be particularly an issue for larger beasts; one of the nice/strong combo for her is to turn early into Rattler then in one activation back to herself then into Sabertooth; this would mean you'd need one of each beast on the side for each shapeshift, this seems a little over the top no? If you don't have extra models it means you can't field your crew box set! And I really can't see myself buying doubles of Rattler, Sabertoothy and Mauler, when it's released, just for "in-case"

I don't really like to proxy but I find that for this instance it's a little diffficult no to (not so much a problem if she turns into a smaller beast that are sold in packs such as Night Terrors or Molemen), particularly if you do tricks where she turns into 2 different beasts in one turn.

I was thinking one option would be to have a base of the size model she's turning into with maybe an insert with the new model type description; that could be a cheap/easy option? And you could place Myranda's model on top of the bigger base so you still have a painted model representing her. Would this be allowed in a tourney?

What do you good people do?

Edited by poulpox

I have I think every beast that has been released so I just have a pile of beast next to the table for her to transform into. Remember this was an old ruling if I remember correctly that even with a transform you can't have 3 tigers on the table or 2 of the new bears.

I just have all the models for her to change into. Yours could work but under the rules you actually need the model.

Also, I just picked up Marcus's crew and was wondering about transform and rare restrictions. Mentat, do you have a link to that ruling?

I do not know where that ruling was it was over a year ago so it might be worthless now with the rules manual. Under Transformation though it goes through and says you replace your original models with the new one that includes everything but the spells which means if that model is a rare 1 your transformed Myranda is now that beast with rare one so if you had one on the table before you can't turn into it because you would have 2 rare one models. That's how I remember if someone wants to get a ruling on that its fine.

I will reiterated if you a friendly game do what you want with models or just bases, in a tournament you have the model or you don't that also counts for summoning rats and alps and witchling stalkers.

So... do you guys tend not to hire what Myranda can turn into (hence avoiding having to buy/paint duplicate), and in that instance do you usually always turn in the same beast (I guess there isn't too much useful stuff yet: Rattler, Cerberus, Hoarcat Pride, Shikome, that's about that?)? Or do you tend to have all those big beasties twice so that you can hire them and transform into them too?

I really can't see myself painting another Rattler! :$

Uh, no Canis, you are waay off base there.

When Myranda transforms, her model is replaced with the beast in question. Regardless of this however, she is, and always will be *myranda*. She is a Unique model that can change her profile to match another beasts. She is not replaced by the beast entirely.

What this means is that you can have 2 cerberus' and myranda can shapechange into a third, and the same for other beasts with rare restrictions.

To your initial question however - I dont tend to have multiples, because I dont tend to use her in Marcus' crew. She's frankly much better with any other arcanist master, as she gives access to waldgeists and shikome if you arent Marcus. Plus, her Beasting folks via Malifaux Raptors and then Furious Casting Electrical Fire or Decembers Curse is simply disgusting.

Edited by Tograth

Hey I was wrong good to know. Now I can rock 2 slate ridge mauler makes it so much better. I am happy to have a firm ruling now, I could have sworn about that thing a year ago but now we we know and knowing is half the battle. You do still need those models though if you are going to play with them in a competitive environment.

Hey I was wrong good to know. Now I can rock 2 slate ridge mauler makes it so much better. I am happy to have a firm ruling now, I could have sworn about that thing a year ago but now we we know and knowing is half the battle. You do still need those models though if you are going to play with them in a competitive environment.

Yeah, I'm almost sure it was ruled the other way around initially.