Looking for 360 game recommendations

• 4 weeks later...
After the recommendations early in this thread I plumped for Fallout 3 first. 50 hours into the game I receive Skyrim as a gift from a friend.

They are certainly passing the time while I am off from work!

Skyrim is awesome! I'm a few day in playing it... you'll enjoy it sir! :D

Fallout Vegas is alright also.. although I have put it back on the "To play" pile as I made the mistake of playing it right after finishing fallout 3 and I couldn't get into it..

Skyrim is awesome! I'm a few day in playing it... you'll enjoy it sir! :D

Fallout Vegas is alright also.. although I have put it back on the "To play" pile as I made the mistake of playing it right after finishing fallout 3 and I couldn't get into it..

Yeah, I only got it today so only about 6 hours in but it seems fantastic so far. Not sure if the scope of them both migh spoil other games for me though....

Another good one is Dead Rising 2 Off The Record. Very similar to the original DR2, but it's more a directors cut.what if game but plenty of fun, In fact it's got some nice twists and new gimmicks to it. However, it is VERY similar to DR2 to it's more for people that are completely nuts on the games than the more casual player of them (though having Frank back in the limelight is great).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm just wondering what people would recommend that has been released in the interim.

I'm curious to know this too. I bought an X-box just last week, mainly because I can't paint when I'm on a treadmill. ;)

At the moment I'm blundering my way through Halo 4 (came with the X-box, along with Tomb Raider, Fable 3 and... Forza? Some kind of racing game). At some point I'll either finish it or get bored of sucking at FPS's, so I certainly wouldn't mind knowing what else is out there.

What do you like playing? Action, RPGs, or what? I'd recommend Mass Effect (even 3...it wasn't that terrible as people complain, at least not with the extended ending), Dragon Age I and II if you like RPGs. For mindless dungeon crawls, I've heard good things about Dragon's Dogma. The Batman games (Arkham Asylum and Arkham City) are a lot of fun.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

There's also Skyrim, which is epic and always will be.

Honestly, I don't have a preference these days. The only genre I tend not to go for is sport or racing. Given that I'm using it for exercise, anything that's likely to keep my attention (ie. action/explosions etc) would work too.

I've played skyrim on the PC. Awesome game but when I'm playing for 30-60mins per day I don't think I'll get very far. ;)