Avatar Seamus inspired by Mr Hyde from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Omenbringer

Finally finshed painting my Avatar Seamus model (have yet to seal him but with the awesome New Orleans humidity I figured it would be a risky proposition to wait till afterword).

Any way here is my inspiration:

Mr_Hyde.jpg

And here is my version;

(the White spot under the foot has already been filled in)

And for reference here is my normal (pre-manifest) Seamus;

picture.php?albumid=136&pictureid=771

What is it about Seamus that just screams gas lamps?

Anyway comments and criticism welcome, however do you all think I should go back and yellow up the trousers on the Big Brute to better match my normal version?

Quick update September 6, 2011Ok so fixed the trousers color to better match the original.

SeamusFrontRedux.jpg

Seamusbackredux.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by Omenbringer

Off topic Louisiana talk:

Speaking of humidity, nothing like a four day weekend, no models primed and A TROPICAL STORM to stop all idea of spraying anything.

Good stuff on the model, like the color scheme, the purple shirt and hat made me not even realize the pants weren't the exact same color.

First off, thank you for all the comments.

Secondly, it is amazing how easily the Gas Lamp just seemed to fit in his meaty fist (almost like it was made for it). All I had to do was cut out the lowest section (between the ornamental base and the first ring) and pin (also glued it to the thigh muscle between his right knee pad and his torn trousers (again like it was made to fit perfectly there).

Thirdly, I think I am going to yellow up the trousers. Will repost pictures when I have finished it.

@ jdomin2, ya what an inconvience. Not letting it stop me though, still going to be priming and sealing (just indoors thanks to the awesome hepa filter we bought). Also planning on bar b cuing the Pork Crown Roast I bought (to hell with the rain, it didn't bother the cavemen afterall).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm tempted to try and take the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (the comic, never the movie) inspiration one step further and see if I can sculpt a full, undamaged tail coat, trousers and cane on this guy. That would look pretty cool in my opinion. Not sure if my sculpting skills are there though.

Thankyou all for the comments (was a way from my computer for a bit and just saw the renewed interest). The lamp post mod is amazingly easy (almost as if it was made for it). I cut out the lowest section of the lamp post then drilled a pin in each side and into the meaty fists bada boom bada bing, all done.