Dead Doxy

Cornelious1424

6" range though on the derringer. Short range and low CB. I really only ever use the derringer if I cast Seduction and I'm out of range for a Fancy Cane strike.

The short Range is somewhat deceiving because of the benefits of Inviting Approach (especially when paired with the Rotten Belles Lure) Effective threat Range of 15" (assuming the Target has a Wk of 4 and the Rotten Belle only casts Lure once). And to compensate for the Low Cb, Seduction paired with the Rotten Belle's Undress can achieve some rather surprising results.

I tend to think that the Dead Doxy should be paired not just with another Dead Doxy (for survivability), but also a Rotten Belle (for the increased threat range and combat potential).

The problem with that Omen, in that the ideal pairing of a Doxy is with another Doxy and possibly a Rotten Belle, is that that is 14 SS. Please don't get me wrong, I think the Doxy is very solid. I do like her addition to the Rezzer's lineup, but I think that the abilities on her that make her shine are the fact that #1 she is another summon for Molly and Seamus, #2 she can be very speedy using Belles of the Ball,Extraordinary Dead, and using her 0 action for Inviting Approach. #3 Seduction, seduction, seduction. I honestly don't expect her to survive very long. My usual use for the Doxies if I'm not using them as debuffing objective runners, is to raise one up from a corpse counter and then send her after the most annoying model nearby. Usually I'll either tie the model up for a little bit, or I'll weaken it and debuff it, setting it up for a zombie hooker feeding frenzy, once the Rotten Belle pack begins their chain Lures.

I love that she even has a version of irresistible.

If you do even have battle reports that showcase the abilities she has that I just don't think are all that hot please let me know. I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong.

I get that part, but you are weakening one of your belle's remaining wounds by half. Its not a wasted attack, it is an attack that reduces a different belles wounds by half, and thus might even be considered more successful if it does more wounds than were being taken from the "killed" Doxy. Aside from a situation where there is a belle in range at 2 wounds I just don't see the effectiveness of Finale Encore.

Only if the attack was supposed to reduce Doxy's Wd to 0 with a regular flip and a couple of Wd. What if your opponent cheated, used Soulstone and caused 6+ wounds? Now his attack amounts to a wounded Belle which is one of the easier Undead to bring back (in that every Rezzer crew can obtain means to do so and at least 4 models have little problem with that) and can be healed too (depending on the crew).

Of course if the opponent is smart, he won't waste so many resources on attacking a Doxy, but that is a benefit in itself. As is the case with many such talents - they are good because they make opponents not do things.

Edit: It is a matter of situational combos, but creating such situations is what the game is about, right?

1. Use Inviting Approach and then Seduce the big and expensive target.

2. The big and Expensive target activates and whacks the Doxy. If she survives all is perfect. If not: Final Encore.

3. Cast Decay on the big and expensive target, which is now resisting at :-fate:-fate. If he's still alive after 2 casts, Rigor Mortis him. Place blasts so that both Belle and Doxy gest 2~4 Wd back.

That's for Nico of course. With :-fate:-fate on the resist flip, even a Totem would be reasonably successful with Decay.

Edited by Q'iq'el

The problem with that Omen, in that the ideal pairing of a Doxy is with another Doxy and possibly a Rotten Belle, is that that is 14 SS.

14 SS puts that trio at the same cost as Coryphee Duet, I would say they are on par with that (AP, movement shenanigans and Durability).

If you do even have battle reports that showcase the abilities she has that I just don't think are all that hot please let me know. I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Fairly inflamatory tone dont you think? Most of my experience running this configuration was a few months ago, I have been playing my Gremlins lately. I'll try to remember to post a Battle report of my next few games with this configuration.

I didn't mean it to sound inflamatory, Omen. I was being serious. I usually like some sort of practical experiences with models when specific abilities are under discussion. I apologize if you took it in a negative way.

I just don't think that Final Encore is really all that useful, or is a selling point of the Doxy in any way, shape, or form. I'd stop short of calling it useless, because I'm certain that some game out of who knows how many it might be useful for a turn. I also think the cost of the model fairly reflects what she brings to the table without Final Encore. So I regard it as a bonus perk. I haven't thought that the examples as to why that ability is good have been very persuasive. They've either described situations that are so specific that they will hardly ever occur, or I personally just don't consider what you give up to be worth what you get from using Final Encore in the other examples.

I'm being 100% honest that I would love to be shown I'm wrong about the overall utility of Final Encore. As it stands I doubt I'll really ever use it.

Fetid you don't "have to use" Final Encore for her slow to die action if you do not want to put wounds on a healthy model. But there will be situations in which you will want to keep her alive and your other Belles are stuck in a bad position to retaliate against the attack that was just made.

Is it going to be a must use everytime you get a chance? No. Will it get used? H#!! yes it will. Especially on turn 5 or 6 when model positioning becomes key.

Undress with a decent chance of working is a great selling point. It will get far more use than Seduction, but the power of Seduction is the most appealing.

Undressing someone will make them likely to get hit for some decent damage, but Seduction will spell doom for a model that will be in range of Seamus' crew to be hit with it.(That spell would be on the verge of being broken if it had a longer threat range.)

am i the only one who thinks seduction is overrated? its a 4" spell wich requires a 7+of books. its only redeaming factor i think is that it auto triggers fatal distraction. but im more happy about the 12" undress wich only needs a 7+ of anything.

7+ is not unusual on a minion. It's not a very high requirement to begin with and these abilities are supposed, more or less, to work only when you're prepared to put some resources in action, otherwise you'd just spam them.

:tomes isn't that much of a problem for Resurrectionists either, as this is one of their less used suits. At least from my experience.

you say that a book is no problem but those are usually what i throw into attacks as the masters require the other suits (depending on which one) and if brought with Nico he'll be fighting over them and im pretty sure hes got dibs. most stuff i bring as support require masks or rams and usually my dump is books.

dakrulz55, I'll agree that it's not always easy to find the suits you want, but I'd speculate that if you are bringing a Doxy or summoning one you are almost certainly play Seamus, or very possibly Nicodem as I don't see much call for her in either of the other Resser Crews. That being the case an additional suit to your required management is not all that big of a deal. Try playing Kirai where you have to manage every suit in the game.