Dead Doxy

Cornelious1424

So I used a Dead Doxy last night for the first time, and I must say, I got my 5ss worth. I was using Seamus against a Colette crew who was using the standard 2 Corryphee. Managed to cast Inviting approach on the Duet, come within 4", cast Seduction which always gets the Fatal Distraction Trigger. I then had 2 actions left to smash the Corryphee. Due to Seduction, I was able to land hits on the Duet with a few Punk Zombies later in the turn to finish it off! The :-fate:-fate to defense and resist duels is insane, especially on a model that always has :+fate on defense flips. I know its 1 game and 1 (well 2) model, but I pretty much shut it down with my 5ss Doxy. We never got to finish the game, the local store was closing for the night.

Really? What am I not seeing in the potential of Final Encore? It to me is the Doxy's least interesting ability. It is an interesting ability, and sure the option is nice to have, but I can't really see how useful it is as saving the Doxy will cause one of your other Belles to be severely weakened. Sure, if you have a Belle in range at exactly 2 wounds it is decent, but what do you see in it that makes it so exciting?

I get that part, but you are weakening one of your belle's remaining wounds by half. Its not a wasted attack, it is an attack that reduces a different belles wounds by half, and thus might even be considered more successful if it does more wounds than were being taken from the "killed" Doxy. Aside from a situation where there is a belle in range at 2 wounds I just don't see the effectiveness of Finale Encore.

The main use I'm getting out of it is saving Doxy for more shenanigans, since Seamus getting more Belle's is an utter pain since I save my high raven cards for Bete's One With the Night. I just feel that Doxy is a bit more efficient, even if I'm putting wounds on Belle's (which are pretty durable, in my opinion), and I should take advantage of the ability to keep her alive longer. When I run a test game or two coming up with my Dead Justice I'll get a better look at it. :D

Really? What am I not seeing in the potential of Final Encore? It to me is the Doxy's least interesting ability. It is an interesting ability, and sure the option is nice to have, but I can't really see how useful it is as saving the Doxy will cause one of your other Belles to be severely weakened. Sure, if you have a Belle in range at exactly 2 wounds it is decent, but what do you see in it that makes it so exciting?

The fact that 2 Dead Doxy's can form one hell of a tarpit (made more frustrating by the fact that virtually all the resurectionist Masters and a few minions can easily bring them back once they are finally killed).

Swapping places with a Belle also has the potential of getting a Rotten Belle or even Sybelle (she has a bit of regen...) into melee with an enemy with full actions remaining (thinking Sybelle's 'Flurry'....).

Situational but has potential.

Especially when you can cast Decay on Sybelle to heal her/do damage to an enemy model!

You're models must be far more resilient than mine then. I like the Doxy, don't get me wrong, but even my Rotten Belles go down in about 3-4 hits to most of my opponents from full wounds. The Doxy goes down even faster. Sybelle often doesn't last very long either if she is in melee without the Grave Spirit attached. I'll just have to take your word for it and wait for reports from the field to come in on the utility of Final Encore. Myself, I see using it in maybe 1 out of 7-9 games.