Who has the easiest Manifestation requirements?

Jonas Albrecht

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy ones:

Kirai, if you're willing to use your totem choice up on just making her a spirit turn 2 before she activates, and get a nice card.

Nicodem. Kill some dogs, make some zombies using arise.

Colette: Illusionist twice, reactivate. Illusionist, do final action. Next turn you're set, activate, reactivate, transform.

Ramos, mobile toolkit. Make a spider and a creation.

Lilith, need a 7 to cast illusionary forest, do it twice.

Somer, have a few goblins make themselves fast. Use take a swig, take a swig, reckless, take a swig.

Som'er can only fail if he flips a black joker on one of his take a swig actions on turn 1 (after you use reckless on 2 other gremlins and him, or simply have mosquitos).

If none of those flip a black joker, boom, you have a turn 2 Avatar.

Lilith is my favourite though, using a forest turn 1 and turn 2 you can manifest on turn 3 and still have an action left to use the sudden multitude of forests to your advantage.

Yeah but she's the Criid.....roll on Avatar Games. In all honesty though now I have my book and have been through the various Avatars I cant help but wish they had just been made alternates instead of something you need to achieve in game. Though Sonnia's requirements are relatively easy to achieve it would be nice to just play with her avatar from the off. Most of the Avatars seem more of a sideways step than a true power bump (though there are some........darn rat boy...filthy filthy)

Extra tactical element seems good to me. And its a different approach to other game systems which I'm sure is why wyrd went with this approach.

Also, as a colette player, I doubt I will use my avatar much as the way she plays in avatar form is too different to my play style and she looses too much of her original game mechanic.

So a game mechanic you wont use...with a certain master? Interesting, I still don't think the manifestation mechanic is as good as it could be, most will be easily accomplished, there are threads already comparing how fast some masters can transform...i.e meet there requirements. Surely having the option to start with them is in no way game breaking and would bring true build variation, just my opinion.

So a game mechanic you wont use...with a certain master? Interesting, I still don't think the manifestation mechanic is as good as it could be, most will be easily accomplished, there are threads already comparing how fast some masters can transform...i.e meet there requirements. Surely having the option to start with them is in no way game breaking and would bring true build variation, just my opinion.

Yeah but a lot of balance in the master is how easy or hard they are to manifest. I am very happy with the system. Just picking an Avatar would have basically just mean variant masters, which would be to like Epic casters for my taste.

Haven't looked at hamelin in any detail yet, but I'm most impressed with kirai's avatar, seems very dangerous and difficult to avoid her.

As for the mechanic of getting them into play, I think timing of how soon is a game balance thing done on purpose by wyrd, and although it won't be to everyone's preference, you can't please everyone and wyrd have achieved something different..

Edited by Drake

Drake, that's a good point the avatar system wyrd have used is different and they have made taking an avatar a choice not an essential purchase.

Still wish I could start with them though and I doubt I will change my stance on that. Having said that my Sonnia avatar will be getting lots of playtime.....its such a stunning model and the Sonnia alternate is fantastic.

I think Avatars, as presented, are an anathema to the setting.

Thats good, because I here the setting is both undead and a construct :)

To be fair Avatars were always planned with the game. They originally were planned to be in book 1. It was a pretty last minute change to pull them all out but I think the game benefited greatly for doing it. 2 years of rules experience made them more streamlined and much easier to use.

As far as the story goes, Rereading book 1 and 2 it seemed clear that Avatars were heading this way. Heck you can debate that Rasputina's book one December summon was proto-avataring it up.