NOVA Open TO Report

nix

Well, the NOVA Open tournament have officially kicked off with Through the Breach. Crew draft s nearly at an end and players are starting to push forward.

As a reminder, Through the Breach is the NOVA's "Beginner Friendly" tournament. Stats are:

Through the Breach

• 30SS, Single Faction
  • 4 rounds
  • Domination Format (TP/Diff/VP)

22 players started the tournament. Faction breakdown as follows:

• 6 Neverborn :masks
  • 5 Ressurectionists :crows
  • 5 Outcasts :blast
  • 4 Guild :rams
  • 2 Arcanist :tomes

I will try and keep people updated as each round passes.

Achievement league kicked off a minute after midnight today, and had 3 players start playing games at that point. Achievements were earned overnight and points are accruing.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to derail the thread but, how are you guys doing with the hurricaine? I know its hitting more north then normal, but everyone safe down there?

Seems ok on the Hurricane front. We are in the basement of the hotel, so I have not seen the outside for a fair while.

Nice spread of factions, I'm surprised that the arcanists do not have more though. Can't wait to see more live updates!

Just theory, but my guess is colette players dont really feel she is in her comfort zone at less then 35SS. If nova is running a higher SS tournie, which I think they are, I expect that number to be higher.

Just theory, but my guess is colette players dont really feel she is in her comfort zone at less then 35SS. If nova is running a higher SS tournie, which I think they are, I expect that number to be higher.

This is also a beginners tourney. So people might not be gaming the system much.

End of Round 1, everyone has headed out to lunch. Standings by faction as follows:

1. Outcast
  2. Outcast / Neverborn
  3. Resser / Neverborn
  4. Guild
  5. Guild
  6. Neverborn
  7. Outcast
  8. Neverborn
  9. Resser
  10. Resser
  11. Resser
  12. Neverborn
  13. Arcanist
  14. Guild / Neverborn
  15. Outcast
  16. Arcanist / Resser
  17. Outcast

Round 2 gets started at 1:45PM EST, returning with Shared Reconnoiter

Edited by nix

Rounds 3 just started. Standings by faction as follows (with scoring at round 3).

Remember, rounds can shift a bit based on overall scores.

1. Neverborn (12vp/6TP/7Diff)
  2. Neverborn (8/6/4)
  3. Neverborn (10/6/3)
  4. Outcast (14/4/8)
  5. Outcast (13/4/7)
  6. Neverborn (12/4/7)
  7. Resser (13/4/6)
  8. Resser (11/4/1)
  9. Guild (10/3/5)
  10. Resser (12/3/4)
  11. Guild (7/3/2)
  12. Outcasts (5/3/-1)
  13. Outcast (7/3/-2)
  14. Arcanist (4/3/-2)
  15. Neverborn (7/3/-5)
  16. Outcast (4/3/-6)
  17. Guild (7/1/-6)
  18. Resser (8/0/-2)
  19. Neverborn (4/0/-3)
  20. Guild / Resser (4/0/-8)
  21. Arcanist (2/0/-11)

The big upset that round was the top table outcast players drawing their game and dropping down to 4th and 5th place overall. Still fairly big changes, with only 3 players going into round 3 with win's.

Surprising (to me), some well known board members have taken some real hard hits and dropped low down the rankings. Other "Newer" player have stepped up to the top tables showing some real competition!

Color me unsurprised. I'll be the first to admit however that things can change wildly up until the final match is over. While the current standings don't surprise me in the least we need to wait until the final results are in until we can really add this data to our discussions.

Right, At Gencon I think two of the top 4 players dropped down a lot after there loss in the last round.