I don't do lists per say. I usually draft based on Strategy

But here is one I have been playing with

40 Stone LJ Dogs of Doom list

Lady Justice

Santiago

Nino

Governors Proxy

And 8 Guild Hounds

Whats this list do. Santiago and Nino are fire support(long and short range). And LJ and the proxy manuever with the dogs and let loose a super Alpha Strike where all 8 dogs gain Melee expert and a free walk. Its pretty brutal against some list, doesn't do great against models with terrifying though or that require pre-attack duels

Lucius 4ss

Governors Proxy

Austringer x2

Guild Guard x2

Guild Guard Captain

Ryle

35ss game I usually take to tournaments/non casual play and do well in for the past few months. The list runs itself so don't know if you need a tactica to go along with it. So far I have never seen anything quite like my list on here.. feel free to take ;)

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Lucius -- 3 Cache

Drill Sergeant [3ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

Guild Guard [4ss]

Guild Guard [4ss]

Guild Guard Captain [7ss]

Guild Hound [3ss]

Guild Hound [3ss]

Ryle, Guild Pawn [8ss]

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega -- 3 Cache

Lucius [10ss]

Drill Sergeant [3ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

Guild Guard [4ss]

Guild Guard [4ss]

Ryle, Guild Pawn [8ss]

I agree with the above poster about not really having pre-made specific list. Usually it's what I'm in the mood for. Of course that being said, outside of the book 3 stuff I have all of the current guild releases. And am working on Neverborn now.

I've been having some fun with a

Lucious

Drill Sergeant[3ss]

2x Austringer [10ss]

3x Guild Guard[12ss]

Lawyer[7ss]

And either 2 guild hounds dipping into the reserve or leaving it as is for a 7ss cache. I still have flexibility to throw in other stuff, like Francisco or something else like a watcher for objective grabbing.

Well as Im currently trying to stick with one master for 52 weeks I have a core pool of models that I plan on using every game in some vain hope this will allow me to chart some real improvement in my gaming.....

My core 20 is:-

Hopkins, 3 Witchling Stalkers. adding up to 20 points (a nice round number) I have created several variants for larger games.

35 pnts

Sonnia, Hopkins, 3 Stalkers, Von Schill then either Sonnia's Avatar or the Purifying Flame leaving a pool of 7 Soulstones.

40 pnts

Sonnia, Hopkins, 4 Stalkers, Von Schill then either Sonnia's Avatar or the Purifying Flame leaving a pool of 8 Soulstones.

50 pnts

Sonnia, Hopkins, 6 Stalkers, Von Schill, Sonnia's Avatar & Purifying Flame leaving a pool of 8 Soulstones.

Brawl.....now despite looking relatively normal...well as normal as anyone else does from Birmingham I am quite insane and have several issuies with taking two masters. Though I wont write down what these are here my good friend Fulgrima knows all too well that I just will not be convinced to take two masters in a brawl so the following list is my 50pnt brawl crew with the additional 10 pnts for taking a second master.

50 pnts Brawl Crew

Sonnia

No Second Master +10 pnts

Hopkins, 8 Stalkers, Von Schill, Sonnia's Avatar & Purifying Flame leaving a pool of 10 Soulstones.

So there you have it until I can get my hand on Fire Gamin or the Witchling Stalker Handler these will be my crew sets up.

My very first list for my first game. Newb here.

35 ss

C Hoffman

Guardian 7

Hunter 6

Watcher 3

Aracnid Swarm 9

Steamborg Executioner 10

My Second list will be

C Hoffman

35 ss

C Hoffman

Guardian 7

Hunter 6

Mechanical Attendant 3

Aracnid Swarm 9

Peacekeeper 9

I am quite excited I haven't had this much fun with a mini game since 3rd ed 40k.

I've been having some fun with a

Lucious

Drill Sergeant[3ss]

2x Austringer [10ss]

3x Guild Guard[12ss]

Lawyer[7ss]

And either 2 guild hounds dipping into the reserve or leaving it as is for a 7ss cache. I still have flexibility to throw in other stuff, like Francisco or something else like a watcher for objective grabbing.

If Lucius is your Leader then you cannot:

1) Have a cache greater than his Henchmen Reserve (i.e. 4)

2) Hire models that are not Guardsmen or Elite Division - so no Francisco or Watcher.

Currently the only models Lucius is allowed to hire when he leads a crew are:

Guild Guard

Guild Austringer

Guild Hound

Guild Guard Captain

Lawyer

Ryle, Guild Pawn

Governor's Proxy

Drill Sergeant

But book 3 will also allow him to take the Warden...

I haven't played a game yet but thinking this will be the base of most of my guild lists for a awhile

lady j

the judge

3 death marshals

guild lawyer

then soul stones permitting

scales of justice

executioner or peace keeper

any points left to be spend on guild guard and captain

i call it my para legal team not sure how playable it will be but should be a fun list while i find my feet at least i hope

I can't play Malifaux that way. I want to use certain Masters, and not have to field an entire faction.

Understandable. I personally like all 4 Guild Masters(although not Lucius). So I don't mind playing them.

But even if you want to just stick with one or two Guild Masters there are still a lot of different models to choose from.

I stick to a core set of models I know and like but I still tend to vary a few depending on Strategy, Scheme, terrain Layout and opponent faction. At least in competitive play, since if you don't I think you lose a bit of an edge. For casual play I usually just say I am playing this list today to try out. But I seldom play the same list over and over.

One of my fave lists in competitive events has been the following:

35SS:

LadyJ

Von Schill

Guardian

Death Marshal x 2

Witchling Stalker

Then depending on how big of a SS pool I want for the match (or mobility needed) the last bit is either a Watcher, 2 Guild Hounds, or another Death Marshal.

You make a lot of friends with this list.

Here is a new list I have been thinking about. Its 40 stones since I have been in a Masters training mood lately

Lady Justice(with Avatar) 2

Guardian 7

4 Guild Hounds 12

Exorcist 6

3 Death Marshals 12

Soul Stone Cache 7

Theory here is a bit of a all comers Avatar strength list. The Guardian protects LJ(gives her that armor she needs) and she and the Dogs move up to take out a few easier targets. To get her Avatar Requirements

The Death Marshals stick back a bit to give range support. Once she Manifests everyone moves within 10" to get her aura.

It may not work and it requires me to proxy a model. After talks about effigies I am wondering if dropping a DM and putting it in might not be a bad idea for the healing abilities.

As soon as I get a chance now I have the Avatar painted:

Sonnia Criid (base 4 cache)

Samuel Hopkins 8

2 Witchlings 8

2 Death marshalls 8

Austringer 5

+4 soulstones =35

I'll look to add a Witchling Handler and Fire Gamin when they release, at the expense of the DMs. The Fire Gamin is a straight swap for 1 of them. Adding the Handler may require dropping the Avatar option at 35 because she needs those stones so badly. Otherwise I might take the drastic step of ditching the man with the bird and risking only havnig 6 stones.

Edited by fishtank

My very first list for my first game. Newb here.

35 ss

C Hoffman

Guardian 7

Hunter 6

Watcher 3

Aracnid Swarm 9

Steamborg Executioner 10

My Second list will be

C Hoffman

35 ss

C Hoffman

Guardian 7

Hunter 6

Mechanical Attendant 3

Aracnid Swarm 9

Peacekeeper 9

I am quite excited I haven't had this much fun with a mini game since 3rd ed 40k.

Just noticed this post - welcome to the game - just to point out that when Hoffman hires Arcanist constructs, you must pay an additional soul stone for them because they are out of faction (unless the ability says "at no additional cost") - therefore, the Swarm costs him 10ss and the Steamborg costs 11ss.

My favourite list is:

Perdita/Lady Justice/Sonnia (depending on scheme and opponent...guild masters have such little synergy with their lists you can totally do this)

Peacekeeper

Santiago

Convict Gunslinger

2x Austringer

Watcher or +3ss (depending on if I needed objective grabbing and what master)

Thats a lot of paired and high Cb, and immune to influence or high Wp. Was good all-comers.