'Terraclips' Vinyl Matts?

Sobek

Those of us who attended Gencon and played any Malifaux probably remember the vinyl 3x3 matts used at the tables. Great quality matts in the Streets and Sewers style of the Terraclips sets that would be used as the play area base insead of a bunch of the Terraclips pieces themelves.

I'd asked one of the Henchmen if they were going to be available commercially at some point. He said that they were were a single run for use at the con, but that if the reception and desire for them was enough they were actually considering making them for sale.

This is just my vote in favour of producing them for commercial sale. Those matts were great Wyrd. I'd love to be able to buy them!

I was thinking of having some printed at work, and I already own the pdf files used for the sewers. It will just take me some time to arrange them so that the print as one solid sheet. Now if only I had the time to do that.

Can you print them on vinyl or do you have access to a large format printer? Now that you mention it, it would likely be cheaper than the vinyl to get the pdfs and have a 3'x3' printed on paper at Kinko's.....something to think about.

Can you print them on vinyl or do you have access to a large format printer? Now that you mention it, it would likely be cheaper than the vinyl to get the pdfs and have a 3'x3' printed on paper at Kinko's.....something to think about.

A great idea. I'd love to get my hands on some of the PDFs. One of the guys in my group for our other game works at a place with a large format printer.

The mats were really cool and I'd love to get them before I started buying Terraclips to use on top of it. I didn't get to play on them, but they were really nice pieces.

I would love to have a few of these. They would make great skirmish boards for DnD as well. Along with some Terraclips buildings they would be fantastic.

Some woods/other terrain ones would be great as well. i've been thinking about some standard terrain pieces such as woods for the summoned woods and pools of water etc and how they might work out as standards for terraclips.

I hate the boxy world works trees and was thinking that they are kind of a pain anyhow because you really can't place a model on it. A base that counts as forest with a playmat would fit the bill nicely.

Yes, in fact one of our large format printes can print on the exact same material as what wyrd had at gen con. I have been thinking on how to put a felt backing on a print so that it is more like the zuzzy game mats. Kinko's may have that same media, but I would check at local art houses or small sign shops to see if they have banner printers.

Ok folks. I think this might be forum 'scoop'. Screaming Heretic podcast interviewed Eric John at Games Day Chicago. Eric mentions that 'TerraMats' is being worked on as a product for release. This is at the 2:40:30 mark.

Very cool!

Woo!

Especially since all our tables are 4'x6' at the store, mats we can toss down have the added benefit of roping off a 3'x3' area without me needing to measure it out.

I've got a 3x3 mat from Zuzzy on order, and I'm also ordered a 2x2 mat of the cobble stone one to cut into streets\squares, which I'm making my own terraclips for building to on. That with my existing WM\H stuff should believe me a good selection to go on. The only reason I'm making my ow terraclip project is that I want fewer parts to assemble and disassemble.

http://www.zuzzy.com/