'tina and arachnid swarms..?

Shank Seamus!

Afternoon,

Having ran a beginer game last week, where I used my two neglected crews for the guys to get a feel, watching tina go made me remember just why I bought her in the first place.

So, going back to the book, I spotted that the resistance to her spells are pretty much all def, so here's the question: has anyone had much success with adding an arachnid swarm to her list? I normally field 3 gamlins and am considering a straight swap for the lil spider blighters..

Any ideas on pro' and con's?

SS!

Gamins are terrible. They're slow, they're easy to kill, and they very rarely do anything other than absorb a couple of shots. They should be a 3 SS model.

I've had a lot of success with Rasputina against some strong players and lists, and much like Marcus, success with her comes from not using the models that the fluff tells you to use and instead using models that work. The only really good 'December' model out there is Silent One, which I almost always run two of.

If you're going to swap Gamins out in a Raspy list, Steampunk Arachnids would definitely be a better idea and save you some points to boot. There are even better options, though...Desperate Mercenaries are really the cheap model of choice for Arcanists as they lack any really good cheap models.

You only need 1 Arachnid swarm. It can be the big one or small one... primarily because Raspy needs the EoP, Silent One and another supporting crew member (Snow Storm, Gamins, Desperate Mercs, Convict Gunslinger) and which-ever points left-over you add in them Arachnids....

The best is to start your first activation with 3 smaller Arachnids and combine them later but do bear in mind they synergize less to Raspy then with Ramos (which might be the master you want to explore instead, later)

Well my current list is:

'Tina,

EoP,

3 gamlins,

Golem

Acolyte,

But I have just orderd 2 silent ones and snowstorm, I'm more of a gremlin player but as my base of opponents isnt many I have a few crews, I have about 50 or 60 stones of the lil blighters and wanted to expand my raspy crew, especially after watching her go in a relativly new players hands..

Thanks for the input, il aim to get a desperate merc of maybe a gunsmith? Once iv invested in some spiders..

SS!