A Rally Call!!!

nilus

Fellow Guild Players,

We have faced many obstacles as a faction. We have had to endure scorn in the early days as the broken faction. We were forced to hang our heads in shame when we admitted to playing Perdita. We started playing other factions and stopped following our true calling. Then something happened. Those strange lovers of saggy boobs, demons and creepy little kids started winning more then us. Lets not get started on the guy who can't die and the rat lovers. And now the worse thing has happened. We have been called uncompetitive.

THIS SHALL NOT STAND.

I call to all my fellow Guild players to take up arms and show those other factions who rules Malifaux. Start whipping out your Perditas. Don't be afraid to bring your LJ to a Res fight. Let start ripping apart our models and start finding those deep hidden combos that we never saw before. Lets start looking at our unloved models and figure out what they can do for us. More importantly lets surprise them, lets find secrets and strategies they never saw coming. Lets take our finger of the easy button and start playing with our feet.

This message paid for by the campaign to stop seeing Neverborn win so much and the Guild is way better then all the other factions fund

Well, we got our very own Tyrant.... I expect Guild players will be back on the rise soon. Who needs all those rats when you can BURN STUFF! :powerfulpuppet

All that firey goodness will really outshine the triggered paralyze's thrown around when the minions start appearing.

As you all can obviously tell, I am quite new to this brawl... The group I play with is pretty varied, but the only complete domination I have witnessed is by the Guild in two separate tournaments. That said I don't know if our gaming group is as bloodthirsty competitive as some, so that might be a factor. Which Neverborn crews are the "new domination"? Maybe we could start with that and build tacticas around each crew...

The rallying and ra-raing is all well and good, but I'd appreciate a discussion of what competitive, top end guild crews look like in the current meta environment. I'll admit to a bit of despair at points during Gencon as I realized just how overmatched a straight, say, Ortega crew is when paired up against a Kirai crew that can drop a Shikome on Nino from out of nowhere without exposing their master to even a round of shooting or, say, when I was talking with Nix about his "Filth" list and was informed that even having a WP of 8 wasn't enough to even significantly slow down a chain-luring Lillitu crew.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Perdita crew, if only due to reading the Dark Tower series as I was first getting started with Malifaux (a female Roland Deschain was tough to deny.) But, if only to try and off-set the severe slump in the meta-game towards Neverborn and Outcast, I'd love to hear some ideas on what to do to make the Guild competitive at the highest level in the meta-game.

I'll admit to a bit of despair at points during Gencon as I realized just how overmatched a straight, say, Ortega crew is when paired up against a Kirai crew that can drop a Shikome on Nino from out of nowhere without exposing their master to even a round of shooting or, say, when I was talking with Nix about his "Filth" list and was informed that even having a WP of 8 wasn't enough to even significantly slow down a chain-luring Lillitu crew.

Gotta break away from the all Ortega list. Honestly it sucks thematically but competitive lists and theme don't always mesh.

This was just a first thread to get us all worked up. We should probably start branching out. I think a lot of the tactica floating around here is pretty old and outdated. So maybe we should all start there.

When I get some time this weekend I will post some of my current theories.

Gotta break away from the all Ortega list. Honestly it sucks thematically but competitive lists and theme don't always mesh.

I'm sorry, are we having a discussion about a specific list dominating others, no matter how deep the opposing bench is?

Are we also discussing who is killing whom, rather than taking objectives and winning that way?

Ah, yes, I thought so. ;)

Resser/Guild player here, who HATES Neverborn, so I totally support this thread :)

I haven't played too much with my Guild yet, but after a lot of failures with the cuddled McMourning (yep, not being able to summon a Rogue Necromancy on turn 1 hurts him a lot) I'm thinking about switching to Guild in competetive matches, so I appreciate every competetive list ideas, especially the ones which have Lucius in them :)

A little advice to the fellow Guildies: after playing a lot of matches vs. the Guild, I came to the conclusion that most players love to take a lot of elite units (see: all Ortega lists), which die almost as easily as a Death Marshal/Witchling, cost almost twice as much, and rarely do more damage than your awesome 4-pointer grunts. So after the Exorcist/Witchling Handler comes out, Marshal/Witchling spam might be a very efficient list.