Neverborn Book 3 Minions Rundown Request

Nephalumps

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think WEiRD sKeTCH needs to show his teddy some love and get the Doll characteristic added to it. I mean Im pretty sure a teddy bear is a doll at least as much of a doll as the puppets and the stitch togethers just pointing it out man.

I was playing a game with Collodi the other day and we were discussing minion selections and I think its fair to say that if collodi got access to a good beefcake melee machine he would get overpowered. Giving a Teddy Filled with stones scares me. Hard to wound 2 and armour 2 with 4/7 wlk/Chg and 1 AP Charges PLUS Regen 2. Personally I think just having access to summon one with Collodi (threw Weaver widow) is strong enough.

Some funky stuff there. Anyone know what base size the Weaver Widow has?

I think she's a 50mm base, but might only be 40. Don't remember off hand.

Right, Stats for Gupps and Mamma are on one page, other page has there fluff and a one big picture of what I assume is a gupp. No big mama shot.

I'm pretty sure that picture is of the Spawn Mother, and that the gupps are the little tiny eyeballs you can see poking out of the water. After all, I assume the growth process for Silurids is to go Gupp > book 1 Siluird > Spawn Mother

I was playing a game with Collodi the other day and we were discussing minion selections and I think its fair to say that if collodi got access to a good beefcake melee machine he would get overpowered. Giving a Teddy Filled with stones scares me. Hard to wound 2 and armour 2 with 4/7 wlk/Chg and 1 AP Charges PLUS Regen 2. Personally I think just having access to summon one with Collodi (threw Weaver widow) is strong enough.

Teddy isn't a Doll, cannot fill it with stones :D

Don't suppose any of the new stuff is nephilim?

Tuco is a nephilim.

Can someone explain the new Doll Effigys . Can Collodi take as many as he likes or are they like a new kind of totem and he can only take one at a time.

Also any more info on the neverborn one would be great.

They are Special Forces: Dolls. If a non-neverborn master takes them (there is one in each faction) they (the master) gains the Aetheric Connection ability which does some stuff I don't really remember right now. Otherwise they opperate just like all other Special Forces.

*edit*

Also the Effigies are amalgamations (visually) of all the different masters in the faction and are themed off of that. For instance the Arcanist one has lots of magicky ranged stuff and it's gun is CA -> CA instead of CB -> DF.

Edited by Extinction Angel

How many Effgies can a crew have in play at once? Do they work like Totems, as in you can normally only connect to one?

Pretty sure Collodi can hire all 5 at one time. I think he's the only one though. You can probably only take 2 of them with the other Neverborn Masters, since they are Special Forces (Dolls).

Anybody know any good models to use as proxy till the Widow Weaver is out ?

Does she only support dolls or does she have some offensive spells of her own. Also how hard is it to cast the spell to create teddy.

It seems a pretty unique looking model. My first thought was maybe trying to do something with the Freebooter queen of shadows, but pretty sure there must be some better options out there that I just don't know about.

I found a few half spider half women models in the Reaper range, but I have no idea on size so not sure if they will fit on a 40mm base.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Shaerileth/sku-down/03465#detail/03465_p_1_af

I do like that Freebooter model, not sure how to make her spidery without ruining the sculpt. May pick her up anyway as the model is only going to last till the official model is out and she will be cheaper than the Reaper one.

I dont proxy

So while I recognise there still needs to be book 2 stuff released do we have any guestimates as to when we might see some of these new Book 3 goodies actually released?

Early next year? Summer? Gencon next year? 2013 (if we're alive)?

Well we know that September and October will see the release of rest of Book 2 ressers and Arcanists as well as a few book 3 models. In November we get one of the new Outcast models. So judging on that I dont think we will see any new neverborn till at least December. There are 6 new minions per faction I think, so should not take to long for all of them to be released.

It looks like in Sept,Oct and Nov Wyrd will be realising around 4 clamshells and then a Alt master and avatar plus the last henchmen boxs. As there are no new boxsets in Book 3 all the models should be out quicker than book 2.

Edited by Talos