Control Deck vs Playing Card Deck - Combining the Two

Xander

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here they are, for your viewing pleasure. I still might add some more wear to the face cards so they aren't as solid-colour looking.

heart-ram-k.pngheart-ram-q.pngheart-ram-j.pngheart-ram-10.pngcard-back-1.pngcard-back-2.png

Geck, the 2nd back is the design you pointed me to, slightly modified of course. Not sure I want to use it though, as I didn't design it, and it's not GPL licensed. Of course, any custom back can be used, and run through my cracked paint layer.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to toggle my blood stain (WMS) layer. Oh well.

Again, very nice. The jack has the great 'haters gonna hate' pose, which makes me chuckle. Looking at it all does make me think a darker red would help, and as you say more weathering on the face cards to match the backgrounds would help it all fit together. Personally I'd opt for a faded and cracked black back, but that's just me.

I still need to design the Jokers... I wonder if the Rose and Dagger would work in those.

Although I have not shown them, the other face cards feature their faction colours. All face cards have red, black and yellow (Outcasts), and then either Grey (Guild), Green, Blue or Purple. So I worked Outcast's yellow into the cards, but not their symbol, since they don't in fact have their own suit. But yes, maybe on the joker...

the face cards blew my mind. I will agree with Geckilian that black might look better on the back. but i would probably have to see them side by side to have a real opinion. and while i like both designs, my personal preference would be the second back. I like the vines and fern leaves myself.

you inspire. :D

No mock ups of the outcast suit yet, but as ratty says, it may not be needed, we'll see.

I guess I will attempt something Angelic for the Red Joker.

It may not be necessary to make Joker into 0 and 14, as the Malifaux decks themselves do not do such a thing. I plan on using A for Aces, which are 1, since the Malifaux cards don't even have numbers on the 1 card. However, I welcome any brilliant ideas.

Remember one of my primary objectives is that these cards should be able to be used as normal playing cards by people who don't even know what Malifaux is.