Your Other Games Besides Malifaux

Brandu

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning to do something similar with my game of All Flesh Must Be Eaten game ;)

Actually, our first game is a week from today. The theme of the game is how civilized people have to change in order to order to survive in a brutal and harsh world. It's all about character development. Will the housewife, doctor, cabbie, and accountant ditch the waitress when she breaks a leg and they are swarmed by zombies or will they stop to help her? When they find a little girl who is not a zombie and later discover that she has been bitten, will they send her away? Kill her? Watch over her until she turns? There are no right or wrong answers, but how the player characters deal with questions like these will define who they are. The goal is that they end the campaign with some very different (and more interesting) characters than what they started the campaign with.

I used to play WHFB & WH40k but it got too expensive. I spend most of my gaming time with Malifaux: Ramos, Zoraida & soon Lillith & Collette.

Too many board games to mention but Arkham Horror is my favorite.

Two newer games I got hooked on are Summoner Wars & Dungeon Run

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/ so I'm spending a fair amount of time with them. Beyond that Xbox 360 for those days I don't go out.

Malifaux: Outcasts and Arcanists (Mostly. I have a "few" other masters...)

Warmachine /Hordes: Cryx

Infinity: Aleph

Dystopian Wars: Prussians

Warrior: Too many to list but currently Feudal Japanese

Flames of War: Mid War Armored Panzergenedier. 69company.

Many board games and card games. Playtesting lots.

wow Bushido looks sweet. Any info on the game?

I play....

Malifaux-Rezzers(Nico, McM, Seamus will add Kiri after I play these masters more), Guild(Ortegas, Lady J)

Warmachine/Hordes -Cryx, Circle and Farrow(will probably add Gators)

A Game of Thrones LCG(and various other LCGs mostly just collect and don't play often)

I started Bushido with Cornelius, it seems cool. We've only played it a couple of times, it is still very much in its infancy. The biggest downside is that each faction only has maybe a half dozen models so there isn't really any diversity and after just a couple games it is easy to see which models need to go after which models.

I'm cautiously optimistic that it may get better with more options. The models are okay and seem to be getting better.

Edit: This may have come off a little harsh. IMO, Malifaux is the greatest game on the planet and after it, nothing else compares.

Edited by dgraz

Warhammer 40K I've "played" for over ten years now. Really, I don't get to play all that much, especially now at college since there isn't much of a community. I have quite a few orks and some space marines.

Warhammer Fantasy BattleNever played, but I have some Wood Elves sitting in a box at my parents' house.

MalifauxNever played, but I do have a Seamus and Lady J crew in need of paint and decent basing.

I would like to try Warmahordes and some other games.

As far as board games, there are a few, but like others have said, Arkham Horror is my favorite.

I play and run D&D games from time to time. Getting ready to help a friend run a 3.5 campaign.

Play MtG from time to time, though it's been ages since I built a new deck and as such the game has gotten stale for me.

Malifaux.

40K and Warhammer when I can find an opponent. All my buddies gave them up for various reasons.

Hordes and Warmachine. Cassius and Sorcha. This seems to be the go to game for my group atm.

Firestorm Armada and Battlefleet Gothic.

40K RPGs from Fantasy Flight. Deathwatch mostly.

All sorts of boardgames.

Just bought Puppet Wars and Dark Age at Gencon. Hoping to get some models painted up for both of them.

Mainly my group plays 40k and Malifaux

Malifaux-

Seamus, McMourning, Ramos, Rasputina, Jones, Ophelia, Perdita, Dreamer, Zoraida.

40k- I have 8k or so worth of Orks, 3k Plague Marines and a 2k Black Templar Army.

Fantasy- Ogres but they haven't seen a table in years.

If I had my way we'd get rid of all the GW stuff and just focus on Malifaux. But I'm the minority there :(

war hammer fantasy (up until 8th ed) playing vampire counts lizard men and orcs

blood bowl playing pro elf's orcs lizard men dark elfs and soon goblins

40k (up untill you know the thing) playing chaos and eldar

Ai playing chaos eldar and tau

bfg playing chaos

dystopinen wars sorta (well up untill i brought lady justice )

also writing me own board game

and also writing a novel and playing massive amounts of halo

yes im a hobby junkie.

ps. forgot lord of the rings in which I play gondor moria and mordor

Malifaux is currently my primary game- I'm running Nicodem, Rasputina, and in the next day or two, Lady Justice. I will probably run more if we can get the game going here- there are only a handful of masters I'm not interested in playing.

I have an old 40K vanilla Marine army (mostly old Rogue Trader foot troops) and an army's worth of bikes, but I am burned out on 40k and might get rid of almost all of it.

I'm also in a Vampire/Werewolf WoD LARP (no, we don't yell "lightning bolt" at each other- basically we sub rock/paper/scissors for dice and we act scenes out like we are onstage rather than just sitting at the table) that has been surprisingly fun.

Games I want to play more before I buy: Firestorm: Armada

Games I want to try: Puppet Wars, Super Dungeon Explore (aka Gauntlet- The Board Game), the new War for Honor L5R game (loved the CCG, but I hate buying more cards constantly), Dark Age, Infinity.

Games I used to play and would like to play more: Necromunda (Goliath, Delaque, and I'd love to play Escher if I can build a good gang without killing my budget), Blood Bowl (Skaven, Lizardmen, Amazons, Undead), and I will always want to play more On the Edge. I'm still irritated at how GW treats its best games as an afterthought.

The main games in rotation at my local club are: Maliufaux, Dyatopian Wars, Infinity, and, more recently, Hell Dorado. I play:

Malifaux: Seamus, McMourning, Nicodem, Hamelin, Dreamer, Leveticus

Blood Bowl: I primarily play Chaos Dwarfs and Wood Elves, but I also have Necromatic, Skaven, Dwarf, Chaos, Nurgle, and Khemri teams.

Infinity: I play Nomads

Dystopian Wars: I recently started playing Empire of the Blazing Suns

Hell Dorado: I'm currently considering converting some of my Empire army into a Westerner crew.

Warhammer 40k: Play it very rarely, but I have Necron, Chaos Space marine, and Daemon armies.

Warhammer Fantasy: gave up on it after 8th, but I have Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Daemon, and Wood Elf armies

i currently play, malifuax the most. i play nicodem and Colette.

i also play warhammer 40k huge ork fan lots of conversions and waayyy to many hours spent on my deffskulls. i am also starting my steel legion ig army, been playing since 3rd.

not to big a fan of warmachine, but i have a small khador force.

for fantasy i have a fully painted skaven army, but my interest in that game has kinda teetered out.

really enjoy a good mordheim campaign.

and would love to play some gorka morka, i also kinda want to try the new dust game. anyone played that?

always interesting to see what games people play.

cheers all.

Warhammer 40K - Space Marines and Eldar

Warhammer Fantasy - Vampire Counts

Infinity - Nomads

Warmachine - Khador (Sorscha)

Malifaux - Colette and Lady J (currently my favorite game)

OGRE/GEV - Got a TON of minis for this one.

Also looking into Pulp City, Hell Dorado, Dark Age, and various other mini wargames. Also thinking I might start doing video reviews of games. Maybe even get on TGWTG (lol, yeah right).

Warhammer 40k - Daemons, Dark Eldar, Eldar

Warhammer Fantasy - High Elves, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings

Malifaux - Zoraida/Collidi, Raspi, Dead Justice and Kaeris as soon as she is released:DOOOOMMM

Infinity - ALEPH

Warmahordes - Khador

Our gaming group has recently offloaded from GW en masse due to pricing and our most played games currently are Malifaux, Warmahordes, Infinity and Dystopian Wars