Your Other Games Besides Malifaux

Brandu

Malifaux: McMourning, Rasputina, Necodem

Warhammer 40k: Dark Eldar, Orks, in progress (slow) chaos

Warhammer Fantasy: Skaven, Vampire Counts

BFG: Imperial Fleet

Rogue Trader (the RPG FFG put out, not original W40k)

DnD (not really a fan of 4th)

trying to get into Pathfinder

interested in Firestorm Armada and Dystopian Wars, just haven't gotten stared yet

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malifaux (Neverborn), Dystopian Wars (Mega Set), Eden (ISC and Convoi), Infinity (want to play Aleph), Puppet Wars (waiting for my boxes), Bloodbowl, Ron & Bones (Starter set), Hell Dorado (Demons), Warmachine (Cryx), Hordes (Trolls)

So many games and so little time to play :'(

Edited by McKB

At the moment for me it's:

Malifaux (see sig)

40K (DA, IG, GK, CSM, CF, Orks, DE, Daemons, Nids)

Bloodbowl (Chaos All Stars!)

Advanced Heroquest (as GM for people interesting in trying it out)

Warmaster - Chaos and Vampire Counts

Ravenloft (AD&D 2nd Ed.) - rerunning the Siege of Hunadora campaign (which was pretty famous in Ravenloft internet circles about 11 years ago thanks to the narrative I did for the Midway Haven and Kargatane websites).

After the Ravenloft run is over I'll be starting up All Flesh Must Be Eaten for something a little less dramatic and stressful since my Ravenloft campaigns could induce nervous breakdowns if I didn't ease up on them a little, lol.

The only game that can even remotely hope to compete (for me) is Blood Bowl. I also own bajillion points of 40K and a Warhammer Fantasy High Elf army, but those are are teh sux now.

When I started Malifaux (2 and a half weeks ago) I had just finished painting a retribution army for warmachine, but now I realize that game sucks too so now it's only Malifaux or Blood Bowl!

My games?

Malifaux: Guild (Justice, Criid, Hoffman)

Warmachine: Retribution (Rahn, Ravyn, Kaelyssa), Mercenaries (Ashlynn, Drake, eMagnus, Grundback, Shae, Bart, Fiona)

Hordes: Legion (Abyslonia, Vayl), Minions (Barnabas, Calaban)

RPGs: You name it, I'll play it. (Waiting not-so-patiently for the next Iron Kingdoms RPG, and hoping for a Malifaux RPG)

Warmachine and Hordes mostly otherwise. I play most of the factions and am a volunteer for that company. I picked up Malifaux for a change of pace, a faster game and the sweet minis.

Used to play Warhammer 40k and Fantasy. I won't go back to that. Many other companies are making better games IMO while also treating their customers as valued.

I need to get back to painting this crew now though...

40k: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Blood Angels, AdMech (old Witch Hunters, will reform into GK henchmen)

Aeronautica Imperialis

I also have an Infinity army (nomads) though I'm not sure that'll ever really get played a lot around here. And I'm also considering putting my Fantasy Vampire Counts together again.

Infinity: Haqq

WHFB: Chaos

Warmachine: Cryx

Dystopian Wars: Prussian

... though I haven't touched Fantasy in ages. My poor scions of Chaos are sporting a sexy coat of dust.

I also play numerous complex, convoluted board games like Arkham Horror, Twilight Imperium and other token-heavy Fantasy Flight offerings.

Was just wondering what other games people play besides Malifaux.

I tend to cycle between a set group so I don't get burned-out playing (and painting) the same minis.

My Games:

Malifaux (SteamVictoriaWestHorrorPunk)

Flintloque (Fantasy Napoleonics)

Blitzkrieg Commander (WWII)

Future War Commander / Old Epic 40k (Nuff Said)

Lightning Strike [Jovian Chronicles] (Space Battles)

-Brandu

You actually play Flintoque...I would LOVE to play/paint Flintoque!

That aside I don't actually play anything. I paint minis for games that acquaintances play...mostly Mordheim; AND I've been trying to take all the elements of the games & minis I've come to love over too many years in the craft & trying to make them work together; it's kind of Steam-punk Corpse Bride in Labyrinth...I'm sure you get a vivid picture of where I'm going from that description.

Edited by DeafNala

Well...

Malifaux is on the "next to play list" but with no other players around that will be quite tricky ^^

MALIFAUX: Neverborn & Outcasts

WH40k: Demons mostly ^^, some GK and still have armies for DA and TAU

WHFB: Lots of old stuff out there... once every 5-6 months a game with my skaven.

BFG: Grey Knights/Space marine fleet

Inquisitor: lots of warbands (about 30 Minis ^^)

Played some Confrontation before all went wahoonie shaped ^^ got a serious amount of Wolfen and Drunes in some dusty shelf.

Well...

Malifaux is on the "next to play list" but with no other players around that will be quite tricky ^^

We went from me buying two starters for demos to nearly 15 players in two months... with more expected once the college kids get back. I don't think that'll be too much of a problem for long.

I have played a LOT of games in my time. Here are my current favorites:

WARGAMES

Malifaux Suprise! I love how characterful Mailfaux is. I play Arcanists and Outcasts.

Infinity Highly balanced factions and an excellent if slightly complicated rules system. I play PanOceania and Nomads

ROLE PLAYING GAMES Really my biggest hobby

Savage Worlds Rules light and usable for just about any story that I want to tell.

All Flesh Must Be Eaten I am currently running a game that is similiar to the Walking Dead.

World of Darkness I have played lots of Old WoD and New WoD, but Vampire the Requiem is my favorite.

Mutants and Masterminds Best superhero game I know of.

BOARD GAMES Way too many to list, but here are two of my favorites

Power Grid An excellent resource managament game.

Tigris & Euphrates An excellent strategy game.