Gencon Updates!

Deadpool

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eastern US time. So the dealer room has been open to the public for an hour(2 hours if you count the special press only hour)

Thanks! I just saw @wyrdgames post a picture of the booth with people I recognized milling around, haha.

Any others at Gen Con posting Twitter updates???

@Cadilon has some good twitpics up of Sonnia's Avatar card.

Looks like the Avatars are something you transform into by meeting master-specific requirements. Once those are met you sacrifice part of your AP to Manifest into the Avatar form. Manifestation costs less AP the later in the game it is and the more requirements you've fulfilled.

Also does automatic mean you have no choice?

OooooOOOo, good question. I seem to recall Eric, during a podcast interview, saying that (loosely quoted), "Sometimes you might not WANT to transform into your avatar ..."

Makes me wonder if masters manifest automatically (no choice) if they meet both requirements late enough in the game. Kind of like a bloodlust thing. Sonnia burns enough flesh and she goes full retard pheonix, beyond her control.

Edited by Hatchethead

I like it. Like the timer idea. Wonder what the other master requirements are. Also I know we see some Talents, but I wonder what the rest are.

Also does automatic mean you have no choice?

Good stuff, keep it up.

I would think you always have the choice. I can't imagine then requiring people to use avatars, especially when some are out and others are not. I think it just happens automatically if you finished one of the requirements and you want to transform.

I would think you always have the choice. I can't imagine then requiring people to use avatars, especially when some are out and others are not. I think it just happens automatically if you finished one of the requirements and you want to transform.

My guess is that perhaps you either include the Avatar in your list or not. If included you have no choice, you must activate if you've met the requirements and it's late enough in the game. If you didn't include it in list building than you wouldn't.

But that's all 100% pure speculation.