Bad Juju advice

Naravus

For me his main strengths are being able to place him turn 2 or 3 into the game when you see how things are shaping up. You can take table areas, pick out individual models, stop your opponents plan etc..

Also, he's great as a "shock and awe" model if you summon him at the end of a turn (i.e. your last activation) with a view to charging something in the first activation in the next turn. Great for taking out big models or stopping shooty models.

Also, don't under estimate Landslide against a group of models, especially if you've got a high card in your hand. It can really put a dent in their wound stat, and slow is a big problem (especially if you've got some alps around)

Lastly, combining a Doppleganger with JuJu can be immense in melee - copy his weapon and (if you're in range) use soulsstone off someone and the DG is almost guaranteed to kill any minion in one activation.

In essence, he's more strategic than say a Mature Neph or Teddy (which are almost straight beat sticks), but that gives him a lot more flexibility and use in a crew.

Hope that helps, MP

I thought he didn't count for victory point purposes if he'd been killed already?

hmm.. possibly.. I thought he counted as killed for things like Grudge, Kill Protege, Slaughter. But could still hold objectives.. you may be right. Actually you probably are right. He's not a model I've used a lot and the only time I've seen it used that way is by other people.

Edited by Ratty

Since it seems like people take Juju mainly with zoraida, throw in an insidious madness as well. After he gets summoned, blast him with the insidious madness, and you should get off 1 damage, maybe 2. Now you're no longer immune to influence, so Obey him forward into a charge (since he's 7" from an enemy), then he can use his activation. He'll regen the health lost from the madness attack, and be right up in melee to take a swing.

Just an idea. If it is horrible, feel free to shoot me down!

The rule states he counts as killed for VP purposes, but I agree with Ratty, I think this is for grudge, slaughter etc.

He is a hard combat monster with the ability to get pretty much where ever you want him. He is well equiped to handle a swarm as well as a single monster.

I like the madness trick to allow Zoraida to obey him, adds a nice twist since thats one of the reason people often take a mature with Zoraida

Due to his toughness and his method for appearing on the board, I like to summon him onto an objective. I like him for "destroy the evidence". I like placing him where my opponent thinks himself to be safe.

I also like to place him in such a way to disrupt my opponent's plans. Make my opponent choose between continuning towards his objectives or dealing with bad juju.

He takes considerable effort to put down. It usually takes focused fire to put him down. If my opponent is focusing all of his power against bad Juju then he is not focusing on the rest of my army.

Lately when I bring him in he has a big bullseye on himself and doesn't usually last more than a round. I'm re-thinking about not putting him behind enemy lines anymore and starting him further away so I can actually activate him a few times. This does distract the enemy as mentioned but usually not enough for me to take advantage of it.

Also, bringing him back is only during the next turns end phase which forces you to get him out earlier so you can do this before the 6th turn.

Since it seems like people take Juju mainly with zoraida, throw in an insidious madness as well. After he gets summoned, blast him with the insidious madness, and you should get off 1 damage, maybe 2. Now you're no longer immune to influence, so Obey him forward into a charge (since he's 7" from an enemy), then he can use his activation. He'll regen the health lost from the madness attack, and be right up in melee to take a swing.

Just an idea. If it is horrible, feel free to shoot me down!

That is awesomeness :)

The rule states he counts as killed for VP purposes, but I agree with Ratty, I think this is for grudge, slaughter etc.

If he counts as dea he wouldn't be there for Stake a Claim etc... at least thats how my club make me play it :D