The Tale of Malifaux Painters

DAGabriel

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I only menaged to assemble my next two Malifaux miniatures that I want to get finished by the end of this month.

tomppart1.jpg

As mentioned there are two other Skirmish-Games I want to build up a small force:

For Hell Dorado I want to finish this one here (basically I have to paint the other side of that mini still + come up with some fancy base):

tomppart1a.jpg

And one more miniature I need to finish that has been on my desk half finished for 1 1/2 years - it's for Ron & Bones (I'm an expert in painting the front of a mini and skipping the back)

piratewip2.jpg

(Since the thread has been named 'Tale of Malifaux painters' now - if this thing should be restricted to Malifaux now I'll skip updates on the Ron&Bones and Hell Dorado progress)

This month i have mostly been painting .... bases for my crews ... not too happy with the first attempt at marbleing on the pandora bases so will probably redo them. Also need to add some more bits to the stage front, i'm in the process of making some burlesque style posters for the front and a warning for the patrons maybe.

WP_000363.jpg

WP_000364.jpg

WP_000365.jpg

Edited by Rumpole

Painted this guy up this afternoon, 'Teddy' A -

TeddyA.jpg

My 3 Teddies are all the same style, alphabet block puppets. As my Neverborn are all going to be monochrome, these guys are somewhat... grey. Each Neverborn fig will have a spot colour. For Teddies, what else but blood?

Here's the wip pic from a couple of days ago, also showing the converted Freikorps Librarian (shown in the chat at the time) -

picnic.jpg

Should manage to paint the other 2 'Teddies', 'Pandora', 'Doppleganger', 8 'Malifaux Rats', Dreamer, 3 Sorrows, Lord Chompy Bits NE, rebase the 'Steampunk Abominations', Ryle and Hollow Waifs this month.

What the hell are those?! And where can you get them?! Did you make those or..? They look great! :D

Thanks, but much of the credit is due to the design. They're the Sackbot keychain, with limbs and head pulled off and reattached. The open mouth involved sawing through the head and resculpting the sides of the jaw. The teeth and claws are knives.

I have a Viks crew and a Hamelin crew I am crew I am painting up. I have had both for longer than I care to admit and I want to set up the Viks crew with a punk theme. Taylor is going to have a Black Flag logo on her shirt, the Convict Gunslinger is going to be painted like the Crimson Ghost and I havent figured out the rest yet. Nothing has any paint on it yet just a few are based and primed. Pretty excited.

Not my first 'Tales of…'

Decided to use this as an incentive to paint up the first 2 crews I bought (over a year and a half ago)

The Redchapel gang:

Standard crew with addition of Seamus' Totem.

IMG_1374.jpg

The Ortegas:

Standard crew with addition of Enslaved Nephilim and an Executiner.

IMG_1378.jpg

---

WIP August:

1 Belle, Francisco Ortega and whatever else I can squeeze in:

IMG_1385.jpg

Going with a pastel theme for the Belles with not too much rotten flesh on them. Haven't painted in a while and when I reached into my box I realised I had no green wash left hence the state of the dress so far.

Will keep posting.

D.