Been lurking far too long

glshade

Hi there I'm Greg and I've been checking out the Wyrd site on and off for years... got the rulebook a while back and finally read it. I knew I'd be into the setting and liked the idea for the game mechanics. I really s Boyer what I read and think I'll be getting different starter boxes based and who I like...

I'm living in Vancouver BC and will be looking for other players soonish...

Hi there I'm Greg and I've been checking out the Wyrd site on and off for years... got the rulebook a while back and finally read it. I knew I'd be into the setting and liked the idea for the game mechanics. I really s Boyer what I read and think I'll be getting different starter boxes based and who I like...

I'm living in Vancouver BC and will be looking for other players soonish...

If you're up in the Vancouver, Canada area, check out:

http://www.wcp-vancouver.com/phpBB3/

they have quite a few Malifaux Players there.

and congrats on coming out of the shadows :)

Well....

At the moment I'm thinking Leveticus since I really dis his and Alyces story... also thinking of the Ortega's for the same reason and love Molly, can not wait for her. If I had the money for two to start Id go Kirai in addition since I really llike her too...

Well....

At the moment I'm thinking Leveticus since I really dis his and Alyces story... also thinking of the Ortega's for the same reason and love Molly, can not wait for her. If I had the money for two to start Id go Kirai in addition since I really llike her too...

The one thought I might consider at this point is that it's often easier to collect multiple Masters within a single Faction. This allows a LOT of cross over within your Minion selection for Crew building.

Other than that.... Welcome to Malifaux!

I MIGHT also steer clear of Leveticus until you have a really solid grip on the game. He's pretty complicated, and his learning curve has hurt a couple of newer players in my experience.

I hope you're having fun!

LOVE the Ortegas. Seamus is a ton of great fun as well.

Colette is a little more complex than average, nothing crazy though. She (like Leveticus I might add) is tough as hell, and can do a LOT of things.

I think it's more important to have a ton of fun than anything else, and I don't think there's a Master you won't have fun with (although others might argue with me on that). I suggest grabbing the one you like the look of and the story for, and dive into learning it.

There are some GREAT resources here, and at the wiki (pullmyfinger, seriously, it's the name).

Hey,

Really you the man brother....

If I were in your area I think I would enjoy abgame with you.... your attitude seems the right one in my opinion. I'm getting a bday present for myself of a gang or two so I'll keep your advice in mind. Do you do GenCon since I may try to go next year and woukd dig a game to look forward to....

Hey,

Really you the man brother....

If I were in your area I think I would enjoy abgame with you.... your attitude seems the right one in my opinion. I'm getting a bday present for myself of a gang or two so I'll keep your advice in mind. Do you do GenCon since I may try to go next year and woukd dig a game to look forward to....

I'm back in college, so... discretionary spending has been a bit rough... I've been working at a game store to support my Malifaux habit... with that said: I'll do my damnedest to be there next year!