Jawbone (A Malifaux Escalation League)

Angor

So over the past few months I have been plugging Malifaux at a local store in a desperate attempt to get some opponents, going from zero to a dozen regular gamers I thought it was time to do something special. With the support of a the owner of Cut & Thrust in Bristol (The biggest and best wargaming venue around!) I am now running an escalation league, mostley to try and keep the locals attention on Malifaux but partly because I really wanted to play in one myself!

So simply enough the idea is there will be three (and a bit) months worth of games starting at 25ss gangs then going to 35ss and 45ss in the final month. After that there will be some day long events to wrap the whole thing up. The whole thing will be loosely tied together in a story plot and depending on how players/masters do in the league it will shape the story.

The league started a few days ago and here are the promotional posters I put together to advertise it in the store.

(Warning! I never have or will claim to be a writer. I avoid it whenever possible. Unfortunatly I was unable to fob the job off on some other local)

Leagueposter.jpg

Frontpage.jpg

Every month each player will need to play three pre set scenarios that will be set up, hopefully these will help to tell the overall story of the campaign. Once again thanks to Alex at Cut & Thrust for his support as we will build three themed boards a month to really turn the league into something special. Here are the first three scenarios sheets, I wante dto make them look as professional as possible to try and draw some more people into the league (So far it seems to be working!).

Check them out properly here

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?p=276626#post276626

JawboneCreek-2.jpg

AtowncalledJawbone-1.jpg

SunkenRuins-1.jpg

If any of you are able to make it to Bristol you are more than welcome to join in the league. You just have to play three games in a month which should be pretty managable if you cannot make it down that often. We were trying to work out a way for people who cant make it down to take part aswell but couldnt quite figue it out.

Edited by Angor

Well here is the first proper installment. I played a game again Alex to christen the boards after a heavy days building. It was my Dreamer crew vs his Vickis. I am pretty bad at playing the Dreamer as generally if I can charge in and drop my whole crew down and start smashing some toys together I will... if it helps objectives or not.

Here is Alex all bright eyes and wondering how he will complete his objectives... A few minutes later the dream bomb hits home and he is not looking as happy.

DSCF1895.jpg

Although I have played 30+ games with the Dreamer now this is my second time with Coppelius the squid face and he was awesome!

This is the acton shot from just after the dream-bomb lands, Coppelius has killed a ronin and paralysed Taylor. The Convict gunslinger is about to fire into a big messy combat and be a killing machine.

DSCF1901.jpg

I won the game with 7VPs to 1VP, it was alot of fun and I will probably take Squid lips over teddy more in the future.

Great pictures. I'm playing in an escalation league at the moment also but it is at much smaller ss levels. We are starting at 10ss and going up by 5ss every other week. I really enjoy escalation leagues as you get to focus on your crews a little bit at a time and really learn the ins and outs of the minis.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so there have been dozens of games for the league. Sadly I have either been playing or just not taking photos.

Here are a couple of games I have managed to get some shots of.

A Draw between McMourning and Kirai

DSCF1907-1.jpg

DSCF1913.jpg

DSCF1916.jpg

A Victory for Hamelin at Jawbone creek

DSCF1922.jpg

DSCF1918.jpg

DSCF1919.jpg

DSCF1920.jpg

DSCF1921.jpg

DSCF1923.jpg

DSCF1927.jpg

A might fine victory (if I may say so) for the Dreamer over Lady Justice.

Its just a little kid and his strange friend...

DSCF1910-1.jpg

What could possibly go wrong?

DSCF1909-1.jpg

Suprise!

DSCF1911-1.jpg

Oh and a nice action shot... kind of.

DSCF1912.jpg

Well the first month is almost finished I will try and scrape together a few more photos and the results for this month and then onto the next wave!