BlackSmoke's Guild Crew

BlackSmoke

Finished my first Malifaux figure tonight and thought I'd start a thread here with my Guild crew as I build it. I started with Francisco and I have Santiago primed and ready to go! Thought I'd go through the rest of the Ortega's before I hit Perdita, so I'm as sharp as I can be for the Master...I think she deserves it! :)

P7190495.JPG

Hope you like it and I'd welcome any feedback from you all...! There's another couple of pictures on my blog - Colour of War - which are clickable.

Thanks, folks! I also just realised that was my first post on these boards, where I thought I'd already posted! :s So, I'll introduce myself! I was a Warhammer player in what seems like another life and when I got back to gaming after a hiatus of about ten years it was, and still is, mostly historical. Malifaux really strikes a chord with me, though, and could signal a return to more fantasy games in the future, but for now I'll just enjoy painting these figures up (which are what really caught my eye in the first place).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot, guys! I wanted a bit more of a 'Mexican' look to Santiago, so I thought that black trousers with some white detail would get that effect. The design on the the trousers is based on a pair of trousers worn in A Fistful of Dollars. I've found myself watching more cowboy films since starting painting this crew, which is no bad thing! I'd forgotten how good Tombstone is! :)

• 1 year later...

wow! first time I've seen this thread. Perditas skin is AMAZING, loco looks really good too with the off white clothes.

Bases look alright, but IMO let your painting down :/ some look decent, like nino, but some, like loco and the guild guard, look a bit mediocre :/

wow! first time I've seen this thread. Perditas skin is AMAZING, loco looks really good too with the off white clothes.

Bases look alright, but IMO let your painting down :/ some look decent, like nino, but some, like loco and the guild guard, look a bit mediocre :/

Yes, the bases weren't finished when I took those photos. They were just gritted, but not painted. Thanks for the comments and feedback, though!