My Malifaux Painting Thread

Darios

• 2 weeks later...

you may....

:)

ok, enough kidding.

Your painting showed me the depth of detail on the models that I couldn't see (at least to that extent) just on the official photos. The pics are from a lot of different views - which I dig, there are a lot of close-ups which is also a good thing. that's for the technical part of the pic you posted.

The painting is also very expressive, and although I am not a fan of NMM, yours works well on these models.

and of course, the gun vik has great cleavage *grin*

ah okay... *g* at least the last part seems quite convincing i guess ^^

as for the NMM i'm actually not as happy as i'd wish to be with it on these models but didn't want to do it all over again ^^

still practicing on that technique... Malifaux is the first game i ever used it and especially the Swordvic was the very first attempt on painting "NMMGold"

I like your gold. It goes well with your painting style - which is rather striking. bold use of colours, not affraid to go bright - and I think you pull it of rather well. (would like to see them in person 'cause I have a feeling they look great on tabletop... if you ever manage to come to one of our tournaments :) maybe I will...)

great job overall! (not just the Viks - Nico's crew is also top notch!)

You're welcome concerning the tournaments (but first we have to actually run them *lol*)

and i actually paint for the Tabletop... my credo is "miniatures are for playing"... so not much use (and no spare money for sure!) for showpieces...

not sure what will be next up... rigth now i'm considering alt Seamus / Belles or Lelu & Lillitu or a female Desp Merc...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot...

Well it's half past one in the night over here in Germany but i managed to finally get this little fella done!

Really like him and have been thinking about a name for him...

Zombie Chihuahua

ChihuahuaPanorama.jpg

As i don't run McM i'll use him as a 5. Canine... and as i am a little bit of a perfectionist i have to have a correctly responding statcard...

So after messing with the official V2 Cards i created my own for usage of the Chihuahua as Canine...

CanineRemains5.jpg

so hopefully more output this month... but i can't promise!

Edited by Darios

haha I love the Canine Remains very nice use for the Chihuahua.

Looking at your Pandora crew I really love it, but something about the greens it niggling at me. The sorrows are a darker shade of green than your Geist and aPandora. Not saying this is bad at all (the whole crew is simply amazing.) I just get distracted by the difference of shading in that group shot. (if that makes any since.)

*g* they are slightly darker indeed, but that was sort of on purpose... as i did not want to do all the colours identical... the Geist and aPandy are much different due to them beeing "standout" models: the Geist is a spirit so i had to make that visibly clear in contrast to the "living" sorrows... and the aPandy has been painted way before the Rest of the Crew... and i used different Colours on her but wanted to be more on the dark side later with the other minis

• 2 weeks later...

So got around to a little painting again after excessivly henching at my area and organizing an online painting competition (besides making a new shirtmail for the other hobby for me *g*)

So here he is the awesome Mr. Hattastic that is known as Seamus:

PanoramaSeamus.jpg

I really liked the tophat and the more i looked at it it screamed "rules marshall" to me! After all, he's big and impressive and the bloke wearing it seems to get all the chicks isn't it so?

Tell me what you think!

Edited by Darios