Longshanks Here

longshanks

I have started playing Malifaux a lot and been posting on the boards, so I thought I should say hello. I started playing Malifaux shortly after it first came out. I was interested in the Gremlins, but was told that Som'er Teeth was tricky to play, so I went with Rasputina, my second choice. I had a lot of fun with her, but had to put Malifaux aside for awhile as life reared it's ugly head. I started playing again about a month ago after I saw the announcement for Snow Storm on Tabletop Gaming News. (Great model! I am building mine right now.) First thing I did was pick up Ophelia and the Lacroix. :)

There are two things that drew me to Malifaux. First, I love skirmish wargames. I prefer that each of my models have their own personality than fielding dozens and dozens of troops. Also, its a lot cheaper and quicker to paint a Crew than an army. The second thing that drew me to Malifaux was how characterful the various models were. I love how unique and interesting they all are while still united by the same victorianwesternsteampunkhorror theme. And l like the humor that weaves it's way through the models. Like I said, I play Gremlins.

I guess that's about it. I chose Longshanks for a name because I am tall and have long legs, not because I have anything against the Scots. lol. I plan to go to Gen Con and play in the Master of Malifaux tournament. Hope to see some of you there!

Welcome! I'll be at GenCon as well, so I look forward to meeting you and your Gremlins there! :D

Thanks for the welcome, LoboStele! See you at GenCon!

From infinity to malifaux i welcome you sir, my 2 favorite games!

Hey Xango! Good to see you here! Yes, Malifaux and Infinity are my two favorite wargames as well. :) I have had to take a little break from Infinity, though. I was teaching a lot of people in my area how to play; answering all their emails. It was beginning to be a bit of a chore. Right now, I am mostly playing Malifaux, but I imagine that I will play Infinity as well, soon. Again, good to see you here!

I feel you longshanks, i was away but from Malifaux for a time, infinity is difficult to drop (i just love that game) but my malifaux fever has return, i was waiting (Guess what?)

THE LACROIX YOUNGLINGS!!!!!!!! I`ve been waiting for my Ophelia crew for a long time, so, great minds think alike, i have Lady J, Ramos and Zoraida, but play big Z 99% of the time, my favorite master. Cheers buddy!

'bout time ;)

He forgot to mention that his Raspy crew runs on soulstones charged off my vikky crew.

Glad to see you in the introductions, man.

Hey CrimsonWraith! Thanks for saying hi! I am looking forward to our game on Sunday. :) I don't have to rush out this week, so we might get two games in. I have Snowstorm now and I am very eager to try it out.

I feel you longshanks, i was away but from Malifaux for a time, infinity is difficult to drop (i just love that game) but my malifaux fever has return, i was waiting (Guess what?)

THE LACROIX YOUNGLINGS!!!!!!!! I`ve been waiting for my Ophelia crew for a long time, so, great minds think alike, i have Lady J, Ramos and Zoraida, but play big Z 99% of the time, my favorite master. Cheers buddy!

Malifaux fever has really grabbed me big time. I am getting ready for GenCon and just about all I do in my free time is paint Malifaux right now. I am also looking forward to the Lacroix younglings. Not long now! I also plan to pick up the pigapult. I have been slowly gathering models to field with Som'er Teeth, but I haven't played him, yet. I have to admit that the sculpt for Zoraida frightens me, but I guess that it's supposed to. lol

Hello and welcome from 1 Longshanks to another (it was my pirate nickname for a while in a group I was with, heh). May your stay with us being pleasurable and of negotiable affection... just make sure they have a pulse first ;)

Arrr! Pirates be welcome here, but I not be trusting the walking dead! Arrr!

Thanks for the welcome, LonelyPath! Anyone who goes by Longshanks is alright by me!

What!? Another with Snow/Storm in their hands!?!?!? Oh cruel cruel life.

Welcome shanks. . .Looking forward to seeing your work.

Thanks for saying hi, Manicmac! I ordered Snowstorm from coolminiornot.com on Thursday of last week, they shipped it on Friday, and I have had it since Monday. Great service.

Overall, I am very impressed with Snowstorm. The sculpt is great. The resin is of good quality. There were a few bubbles to fill with green stuff with and a nasty mold line through his mane, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Again, I am very pleased with the model.

My mini painting skills are only meager, so don't be expecting any great works of art from me. I consider most of my models adequate for the table top, but no where near as good as most of the people I play against or I see posted here. It's funny. I was originally an art major in college, but my skills with oil painting, sculpting, and digital artwork haven't helped me much with painting miniatures.

• 1 month later...