What have you modeled/painted today?

edonil

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Seishin number 1 is painted, minus the base which won't take more than a couple minutes. Nice thing is that I've only used two of the three colors in my color scheme, so I can start mixing and matching them in different combinations and get five different looking Seishin that'll still tie together. At least, I think I can...(goes to figure out the math) Yep! Sweet.

Getting ready to drop Lord Chompy into an acetone bath. Not happy with how he turned out, plus I think I'm going to file down his tummy maw and give him a 6 pack instead. Or that is the plan, it will probably be more like a blob of green stuff with an aura of obscenities surrounding it till the end of days.

Currently building my Dindrenzi fleet for Firestorm armada, and am sadly unimpressed with the model quality...resin warping some I expect but to have the pewter parts of the models be warped? (sigh) Now I just want to get this project over so I can start painting Datsue-Ba...lol

Got home last night to find a parcel waiting for me. It was the second book (hey, only been playing for like four weeks) and Taelor. When I left for work this morning, she was painted and based to match my Rasputina Crew...

Ratt I am seriously impressed :bigthumb:

How many models have you painted now this year and how many of them are Malifaux related?

Ratt I am seriously impressed :bigthumb:

How many models have you painted now this year and how many of them are Malifaux related?

Well, if I count my 4 Ice Pillars (which I do, as they are game related), Taelor would bring the count up to 40 completly painted and based models this year. I've been playing tabletop gaming in some form now for gee... 15+ years, and to be honest, I think this year outweighs the other 14 odd years by ooh... 40 completed models...

Have many half painted ones, but actual completed (that I did) is few and far between.

Oh, sorry, the other part of your question:

Malifaux models - 15. All done in the past 25 days.

Cheers!

For some reason I felt like I had to clarify my painting for this year - I painted one model for a one night start to finish paint comp (a BattleMech), I painted two models because I thought I should at least try to learn how to paint (Hordes), then I painted a converted Blood Bowl team for a tournament I was in at the start of March, which accounts for the remainder of the list. The only reason I painted those is that the guy who was going to, pulled out late into it, so I had to get them done. The thing with the Malifaux stuff is I wanted to have painted models, so I bought a ticket to Dead Man's Head, where they must be painted...

Like I keep saying if you can do it no one else has any excuses :)

Damn straight:

Years 0-14 Model Count: 0

Year 15 Model Count: 40

And almost half of that in the last month.

Did I mention I've started work on a 12 man Blood Bowl team, and Lady J? Oh, and I'm still waiting for Snow Storm and a second Sabretooth? By the end of the two month period I'll be looking at close to completing 40 models...

I'm in a similar boat as you Ratt. Been playing miniature wargames for a long time and have never had fully painted models up until the last few weeks where I have been painting up my new Malifaux crew. I haven't hit 40, but I just got done with my 8th! Here's to Doppleganger and her filthy Hellraiseresk exposed back! Feels great to finally get some stuff painted and actually be happy with most of it. Didn't know what to do with myself the other day when I was actually playing with a painted force on the table.

The work so far:

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22517

Didn't know what to do with myself the other day when I was actually playing with a painted force on the table.

I had something like that recently, but where my opponent didn't have everything done - I kind of felt ripped off... from that moment I decided that for league/campaign or tournament games of any system, if it's not painted - it's not played.

I had something like that recently, but where my opponent didn't have everything done - I kind of felt ripped off... from that moment I decided that for league/campaign or tournament games of any system, if it's not painted - it's not played.

It's funny because I feel the same way now. I was always the first to have no problem playing with and against unpainted models, but now that I've been painting and have played with painted I get disappointed by seeing ones that aren't done. I'm just thrilled to have finally gotten over a personal hurdle of not painting models because of thinking I couldn't do them any justice and would just ruin the model. It was a terrible excuse and I have been enjoying the hobby so much more now.

I'll echo OtherSpencer & Ratt, have always been one of the guys who has preferred playing and converting to the painting side of the hobby and therefore am always fielding semi or completely unpainted forces... but when one of our group (as we're all pretty similar in the painting stakes) decided he'd get his Khador army painted for our slow grow and actually now fields 15pt forces fully painted and based (nearly 25 now too) i can't help but feel like i'm cheating him by only having a mostly unpainted army on the field against him

And so, already my Pandora box is almost fully basecoated (started on Monday), first layers of highlights go on today and i'm aiming to have it completely painted & based by next week... 2 weeks for a box set seems reasonable for someone who doesn't tend to complete projects

Malifaux with it's really low mini-count and characterful models that mean everyone can find something they like really encourages people to get things painted