What have you modeled/painted today?

edonil

Well I got all my pieces for the bases for my Levi crew earlier this week so I have been putting them all together, who knows I may change again from McMourning to Levi for the Tale of Painters since I got that stuff. Just need to finish assembly and then prime and I am good to go, its a crew I am really looking forward to doing.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put some base colours down on my rat catchers but I'm still not mentally prepared to paint them (the ugliness!).

I got a hold of some canine remains and a teddy last night. Assembled and made bases for the canines. Currently being massively indecisive about the colour scheme for teddy. If I am able to ignore these forums for long enough, I might even have the canines ready for tonight's game ;p.

Finished Sonnia's box last night. I was halfway through Sammael and needed to put the finishing touches on the Stalkers. I wasn't sure whether to try thin glazes or stick with my current skill level but they'd been sitting there for a week now so I bit the bullet...and stuck with what I knew.

I'm going to try new techniques on some poor unfortunate Terror Tot when the Tale begins next week.

Hopefully, I can work on Sonnia this weekend. I'm working on some random minis for my kids, and I really need to finish some more of my WM/H models. I've got so many of them to finish (mostly Mercs and Minions, if anyone is interested).

Here's all my stuff, for any interested parties.

Edited by dsmiles
Added link to gallery.

Today I discovered the joys of trying to shape MDF for terrain bases without the proper tools. And just how fragile jewler's saw blades are. I think I'm just going to hit up a Home Depot and get a sheet of MDF and have them cut it into 8" squares and call it a day.

I'm starting to really hate Wyrd... Finally got my hands on Snow Storm, and what have I done? Well an hour and a half ago the model was in pieces, now it's been base coated, after chopping the base so I could glue Snow into place after painting her seperately. At this rate, it'll be ready for basing by dinner time, base after dinner, and debut tomorrow at my local club.

Good work! Iv gotta start reading up on snow storm in case I face you at dmh! That or arrange a game! Which club you frequent? ever hit nws on a wed night?

I'm always at TGA - both North and Central. Fully booked for tomorrow though. I went to NWS Wednesday just gone, but gaming of a weeknight is a rarity for me (barring Fridays) due to work and what nots. Weeknights are the nights I sit around doing nothing...

<EDIT>

I walked out of the shop around 2pm, and less than 6 hours later I have finished painting and basing Snow Storm. Oh, included in that was a break to cook a roast beef for dinner...

Paint job's not wonderful, but I like it. Hoping to get a pic of it tomorrow. Oh wait... I wonder what my iPhone's like...

Edited by Ratt

I brought a Collodi crew yesterday plus a pack of Stitched together. I started to put them together today which was not hard as all but Collodi are one piece.

I undercoated them all at around 4pm and so far I have one stitched together, 2 Marionettes and 1 wicked doll painted. Going to wait for the august Wyrd release to get some bases for them.

Aim is to get them finished by the end of the weekend and try them out on Thursday. Only problem is I am bit short of SS for a 35 game.

I need Wyrd to release Zorida's alt so I know if want that one or her original model.

I brought a Collodi crew yesterday plus a pack of Stitched together. I started to put them together today which was not hard as all but Collodi are one piece.

I undercoated them all at around 4pm and so far I have one stitched together, 2 Marionettes and 1 wicked doll painted. Going to wait for the august Wyrd release to get some bases for them.

I keep changing my mind about the Collodi models, any chance of some shots of them?

I keep changing my mind about the Collodi models, any chance of some shots of them?

I know how you feel. I was not sure on them when I first saw them. But I have started to come around, I changed some of the hands around on Collodi and he looks much better. I am painting them in a black and purple scheme. I will post up some pictures tomorrow when I have them all finished.

I really got him as he plays very differently from my normal guild crews. Also killer puppets awesome ! I may swap some of his models for ones from puppet wars but we will see.

Hopefully, in the mail tonight I will have:

*Bishop

*Misaki

*Convict Gunslinger

*Ronin

Will be working on them in that order (probably only get one model done per day - so Bishop tonight, Misaki tomorrow night, and the rest next week as my local club (TGA) is open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend)