What have you modeled/painted today?

edonil

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I basecoated 2 austringers, scales of justice, Taelor and a convict gunslinger. I then began painting a shikome until I realized how much the model puts me off ever picking it up again. So that was stopped. Hopefully Ill be finished the austringers, scales and outcast models before august so that I can get my hoffman crew ready for a tale f painters thread if not Ill catch up easy I think!

I have nearly finished cass and actually got a pic of her that I'm happy to put up, the photo is a little too dark, I'm super happy with the sheer/stocking effect on her dress came up but I think it is only ever goin to look good in person iv taken a heap of photos and this is as good as I can get it, not taking credit I have pinched the dress idea from another Colette crew that I've seen on the forum except the guy had done it colletes dress, if anyone knows who that is let me know so I can properly credit him/her :)

photo-22.jpg

Her face isn't nearly that dark and shadowed it's just the phone photo ;)

Well, Datsue-Ba and I still aren't liking each other. :/ I've painted three other models using this process, and this is the one where the paints seem to blend differently. That, and OSL with purple was a bad plan. Oh well, I'm still finishing her up and then I'll put her up here, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on the lantern, but for now I'm ready to paint my other Onryo, lol.

I have nearly finished cass and actually got a pic of her that I'm happy to put up, the photo is a little too dark, I'm super happy with the sheer/stocking effect on her dress came up but I think it is only ever goin to look good in person iv taken a heap of photos and this is as good as I can get it, not taking credit I have pinched the dress idea from another Colette crew that I've seen on the forum except the guy had done it colletes dress, if anyone knows who that is let me know so I can properly credit him/her :)

photo-22.jpg

Her face isn't nearly that dark and shadowed it's just the phone photo ;)

How'd you do the sheer effect, btw?

I got to have a bit of a practice on the other showgirls, basically the technique that I have ended up with is to paint whatever area you want to have the sheer effect with the same technique you use for the rest of you flesh then layer washes over the top, I went with (GW) ogrun flesh mixed with a little black wash to take the brightness out of the ogrun, I did this really thin about three times. You could go with just black wash for a real black stocking effect. With cass I went back and highlighted some of the flesh again in-between the last wash and then painted on some thin black cross hatch at the edge to imply that it was fabric. Also thinly painted a black line where the sheer part meets skin.

That, and OSL with purple was a bad plan.

That's not reassuring, since that's what I plan to do to mine! I've now stripped the paint off Lost love, so he's back on the table while I finish sculpting my last seishin and clean up Datsue ba.

Wow I'm dumb. Today I put the hooded rider together and after finally getting all the fiddly little bits on the thing in a way that looked pretty decent and pinning it to a base I turned the model over, examining all the cool details when on the horses head I found lots of tiny holes that would have been perfect for the snakes :blast.

I had cut and filed them down so they could be tucked behind that helmet looking armor piece (at least that's what it looked like to me haha). Now I'm faced with the option of either doing a little green stuff work to cover up the mistake or tearing the snakes off and properly applying them. What would you guys do?

Edit: Okay after realizing that it would haunt me for the rest of my life I carefully removed all the snakes and properly attached them like a normal person.

Edited by twenty4seven
Correcting stupidity

I keep meaning to finish painting Lilkith but I keep getting distracted by Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and Lego Star Wars. Oh, and zombies movies... It's not my faults I'm weak, heh.

Lilith is about halfway done now though.

Ah yes, I also spray undercoated about 20 terminators for my Deathwing (I have 56 for the army and only 3 painted!).