Some Collodi questions

Noxus

Just picked up collodi, and wanted some clarification on some of his rules.

1-can he target himself with breathe life or filled with stones?

2-the Marionette rule Collodi's dolls, allows them to be pushed until they are no further than 8" away, does this mean they can be pushed to base contact or even 8" to the other side?

3- this is more a generic henchmen question, when hired by a master do henchmen lose the immunity to affects that can't target masters, such as obey

cheers

Just picked up collodi, and wanted some clarification on some of his rules.

1-can he target himself with breathe life or filled with stones?

2-the Marionette rule Collodi's dolls, allows them to be pushed until they are no further than 8" away, does this mean they can be pushed to base contact or even 8" to the other side?

3- this is more a generic henchmen question, when hired by a master do henchmen lose the immunity to affects that can't target masters, such as obey

cheers

1) Yes. The requirements are just the target has to be in range (which a model is in range of it's self) and has to be a Doll, which Collodi is.

2) Still not 100% sure on this one sadly. I'll get back to you on it, or someone before me.

3)Nope! RM page 9 and 71 the 3rd Bullet under Henchmen on page 71: "While leading a crew.....". So your suspicions are right, but it's not a matter of they lose it. Its when they are hired as your Leader do they gain that immunity.

"This model may only be hired by Crews containing Collodi. This model may not move further than 8" from a friendly Collodi. Any effect that moves this model may not move it further than 8" from a friendly Collodi. If this model starts its activation further than 8" from a friendly Collodi, immediately Push this model towards a friendly Collodi until it is no further than 8" away"
The card says towards. The Rules Manual says this about towards.

Toward / Away from something (another model, a specific point, table edge, etc.) must move by the shortest route. A model moving in this manner cannot end the movement further (for toward) or closer (for away from) from the thing than it began. However, the model may move in such a way as to avoid any terrain or impassable items.
As it says the shortest route, and as the shortest route between two points is a straight line it has too move via that route if possible, if it is not possible it has to get there by the most direct route. Therefore it can't sling shot past Collodi you could only move straight towards him in most situations.

(Sorry for any confusion, I originally answered this by the Rising Power Wording, I've made a note on the Rising Power Card Project page of the change from directly towards to towards.)

Edited by Ratty

+Collodi Question

Sorry if this has already been answered. Does Collodi's "Holding the Strings" ability negate the (0) Doll Friend action?

Meaning at the start of an activation I cast (2) Puppet Show to give them fast then end my activation with Collodi, then with the "Holding the Strings" ability this allows ALL of my Marionettes to activate? thus pulling of the 32" movement string using each Marionette to move and pull Collodi

Thanks

*Figured out the Answer. The (0) action is for any Doll, where the other is specific to Marionettes. *

Edited by Boardgameguy