Questions about a Hamelin crew

Yosh

Question

Hello,

the following questions came up in the local gaming club:

• Can Hamelin's spell the (1) Irresistible Lure target Ht1 or Insignificant models? Everyone in my gaming club stands it targets only both Insignificant and Ht1 models like totems. Are they right?
  • Is the Malifaux Rat's ability, the (0) Impetuous lasts for one flip (one attack flip) or the whole strike (both attack and damage flip/possible additional flips, like harmless) itself? It says: :+fate for next Action.

• Blast damages and Rat Catchers (RC). If a blast catches a RC and some Malifaux Rats too, how do i resolve the damage? a) Can i pick the order of the blast? So let the rats heal up the RC first or let the RC get the first damage while he still has Armor +2 and after he gets his heals from the rats. B) Can i save the RC's life with the rat's ability? If the blast has to be resolved simultaneously, can i bring back the RC from the 'dead' via the rat's healing after the blast effect? (I guess no, but i want to be sure.)

Please help us out from the misery (other than Hamelin itself).

Regards,

Yosh

7 answers to this question

1. Can target a model which is either Ht 1 OR Insignificant OR both.

2. The modifier lasts for the entire Action and all flips (attack, damage, Harmless, Terrifying, etc.) during the action receive the bonus.

3. All damage and deaths are resolved simultaneously. You cannot heal dead models so no saving the Rat Catcher with rat healing.

-Ropetus

3. All damage and deaths are resolved simultaneously. You cannot heal dead models so no saving the Rat Catcher with rat healing.

-Ropetus

Are we sure about this because i'm pretty sure that you can since if something has slow to die you can heal them with that (1) action and they stay alive...?

Are we sure about this because i'm pretty sure that you can since if something has slow to die you can heal them with that (1) action and they stay alive...?

Ropetus is a rules marshal... It's been asked and answered before aswell though, so you could probably find it with a search if you for some reason believe you need another reference..

Damage causing Ratcatcher and Rats to die simultaneously => you remove them all at once and none of them are affected by the others' death.

If however the Ratcatcher survives with even a single Wd he'd heal from the dying Rats and summon new ones.. So if you go for blasts against the Swarms you better do it properly or it's rather futile (unless you're in a Slaughter), as all it does is grant him more activations :(

Edit:

And yes, you can heal back up with a Slow to Die action and circumnavigate death.. So to be fair Ropetus probably could have said something like:

"You cannot heal dead models that have already been removed from the game so no saving the Rat Catcher with rat healing."

For everything to be perfectly clear.

Edited by Wodschow

The rats will heal the RC if the blast does not kill the RC at the same time as the rats. I.e. a blast (or pulse) does 5 dg, the rats will die, the RC takes 5 dg (leaving him with 1wd and I"m not including armor), but then he is healed by the rats ability, then new rats are generated by the RC.

If the blast or pulse does enough wd to kill the RC outright, he will not be healed by the rats or generate more (unless Hamelin or another Rc are close by that is).