Ramos alternate head

Thechosenone

Swap a Blood Angels player of a spare sanguinary guard death mask head. Then all you'll need to do is trim the halo off and putty the hood on.

This will not work due to the heroic scaling of the Sang Guard heads.

Unless you want your ramos looking like a bobble-head or Mr Mackey (South Park)

This will not work due to the heroic scaling of the Sang Guard heads.

Unless you want your ramos looking like a bobble-head or Mr Mackey (South Park)

Without having both pieces in front of me, I can't say for certain. I think it will work though. 40K may be "heroic" in scale, but it's also 28mm as opposed to 32mm. In addition this application will use the head as a helmet, providing additional lee-way. I've used other GW parts for Malifaux conversions, and not seen much discrepancy in the scales.

Even if the whole head is too big, all Thechosenone is really after is the face. He can cut that away from the rest of the helmet with a sharp knife, saw or file off Ramos' face and glue the deathmask in place. Since he's planning to cover the whole thing with a hood anyway, it's actually a better way to go than a full headswap; which could cause more damage to the figure.

Edited by the imp

Without having both pieces in front of me, I can't say for certain. I think it will work though. 40K may be "heroic" in scale, but it's also 28mm as opposed to 32mm. In addition this application will use the head as a helmet, providing additional lee-way. I've used other GW parts for Malifaux conversions, and not seen much discrepancy in the scales.

Even if the whole head is too big, all Thechosenone is really after is the face. He can cut that away from the rest of the helmet with a sharp knife, saw or file off Ramos' face and glue the deathmask in place. Since he's planning to cover the whole thing with a hood anyway, it's actually a better way to go than a full headswap; which could cause more damage to the figure.

Your assumption is incorrect.

40k "heroic" scaled heads are huge compared to the malifaux scale. Malifaux is closer to a true scale and more realistic, while 40k has enlarged heads and weapons.

Your suggestion to cut away the mask would still mean that it would retain its original scale and appear too large. Remembering, the mask covers the entire frontal dimensions of the head. This could even be exaggerated by the cowl over this.

Your assumption is incorrect.

40k "heroic" scaled heads are huge compared to the malifaux scale. Malifaux is closer to a true scale and more realistic, while 40k has enlarged heads and weapons.

Your suggestion to cut away the mask would still mean that it would retain its original scale and appear too large. Remembering, the mask covers the entire frontal dimensions of the head. This could even be exaggerated by the cowl over this.

I continue to disagree with your assessment. Show me.