Resist spells and melee

thatnicguy

Question

Havent used this part of the forum yet so forgive me if this has been asked and answered. Have repeatedly had an issue with resist spells being cast on a model in melee,or on a model the caster is in melee with. before the rules manual we had a summary sheet which I thought had 'spells while in melee can't be cast unless melee ranged' I can't find this in the rules manual. Under spell basics it says 'spells with a (melee icon) or (gun icon) in there Rg are melee and ranged attack spells respectively and follow the targeting rules for those attacks.

' a model casting a spell with ( melee icon) or (gun icon) in it's Rg, or one that requires a resist duel is casting an attack spell'

So the resist is neither?

But the resist ignores all the melee rules? It can be fired into a

four person melee provided you have Los and from

2 answers to this question

Spells with :ranged icon follow all the targeting restrictions that shooting does. So you can't use them while your in melee, you would have to randomise target if casting them into melee and models would get cover. Spells without the :ranged icon ignore whether you or your target are in melee.