Four Coryphée

Sliver Chocobo

Question

Ok, in a brawl. say I had a duet and two Coryphée (A&B) the duet dances apart making two new Coryphée (C&D) each next to one of the old Coryphée

Now C&D can't use dance apart, but A&B can

So can the old Coryphée dance together with the new ones to make two new duets

Edited by Sliver Chocobo
Add brawl

18 answers to this question

Is this for a Scrap or a brawl? You can't have more than 2 Coryphée on the table during a scrap as that would exceed their Rare 2 limitation

EDIT: In a brawl that should be fine, as the Coryphée aren't limited to which specific partner they combine with; it would have to be the unactivated Coryphée using Dance Together though I believe, but am now uncertain...

Edited by Raythus
OP beat me to my own question

How is this possible?

Chorrys arer RARE 2,.. so ther would never be more than 2.

EDIT:

AH Brawls...

I would say that this is gonna work... because only c+D are not allowed to take the dance together action, whitch the do not do in your example.

Edited by Koali

Is this for a Scrap or a brawl? You can't have more than 2 Coryphée on the table during a scrap as that would exceed their Rare 2 limitation

EDIT: In a brawl that should be fine, as the Coryphée aren't limited to which specific partner they combine with; it would have to be the unactivated Coryphée using Dance Together though I believe, but am now uncertain...

The problem is once a duet dance apart those two Coryphée can't take the dance together action, however would intoducing two other Coryphée change this

That's entirely dependant on the wording. If it specifies that those specific figures can't use it with each other, then you can use a different Coryphée to join together, whereas if it states that the model cannot use it again during the round then your nifty trick won't work =P If I had the book with me, I might be able to get a better idea but as I'm currently stuck at work I'm sorry I couldn't be more help =s

With Dance Together and Dance Apart, it requires both Coryphée to be together, yes, and then sacrifice the models. The second Coryphée (the one who isn't using the action to Dance Together or Apart) is being targetted as such, but is a requirement for the action to occur. Dance Apart, however, means that both Coryphée cannot use Dance Together as an effect on the Duet is applied to both (i.e you split the wounds, counters and inability to use the action again)

Does that make more sense?

If you have a Duet and 2 individual Coryphee. Call the individuals A & B. The Duet Dances apart to make C & D. C & D can't take the Dance Together action. A or B can. A can take the action and sacrifice B, C or D. There is nothing stopping C & D being sacrificed by another model Dancing Together, they just can't take the action themselves.