Zoraida Tournament List

AdrianMills

I am looking at generating a 35ss Tournament list using Zoraida and this is what I have come up with so far. In a recent tournament the winner used Collodi on his own what do you think with him paired up with Zoraida

Zoraida, the Hag -- 6 Cache

Doppelganger

Collodi

4 * Marionettes

2 * Stitched Together

What are your thoughts? Not played tested this yet as I am awaiting the Collodi box set to arrive first.

Cheers

Ade

I was going to use the Doppleganger to mimic the summon. After turn 1 that would be 1 Obey and a Wicked Doll from Zoraida and either another Obey from the doplegangger or another doll depending on the situation

I was thinking of this but I'm pretty sure you can't mimic the summon as it mentions a model by name. There was a thread fairly recently about this, but I haven't been able to find it.

Would it not still reference the summoned model by name? i.e. summon one Voodoo or Wicked Doll?

Yes it would. So long as a model is mentioned by name in the action, you can't mimic it with a doppelganger. In this case, that even applies if you're summoning a wicked doll, rather than the specfied voodoo doll.

That and if i remember correctly she can mimic Ca7:masks and obey. Which is ace :-)

Edit: Shouldn't post without a book in front of me, she cant mimic Ca :(. Still, she's cool as hell and has a disgusting amount of versatility in the right situations.

Edited by ChefsDad

That and if i remember correctly she can mimic Ca7:masks and obey. Which is ace :-)

Edit: Shouldn't post without a book in front of me, she cant mimic Ca :(. Still, she's cool as hell and has a disgusting amount of versatility in the right situations.

Can't mimic casting or can't mimic casting plus suit? I'm going to get the card.

Can only mimic Wk/Cg, Df, Wp or Ht when it comes to mimicking stats.

Edit: Braindead got there before me!

Wp10 Gamble Your Life!? Thats awesome. Ill be trying that, perhaps with a Madness or a Jack Daw thrown in for good measure ;)

Edited by ChefsDad

Surley she can mimic Raven as no model is referenced by name all it says is 'This model receives Flight and increases its Wk to 10 until the end of its activation'

Went back over the wicked dolls card as well yesterday and was slighlty dissapointed that the Hags puppet ability had zoraida mentioned so you can't mimic that either. Would be funny to teleport to collodi with raven already mimiced then to move up to 20".

But a WP 10 Gamble your life why didn't I see that one

I have revised the list based on the feedback

Zoraida, the Hag -- 8 Cache

Collodi

4*Marionette

2*Stitched

2*Wicked Doll

Total 32ss

Side board Total 18ss

Doppleganger

Insidious Madness

2*Wicked Doll

Not sure till I have play tested whether to add another wicked doll and have a Cache of 5 or stick to the 8 Cache. Let me know what you think

Cheers

Ade

Hi Mike I was going to do my Nephi Takeover list

Typical Crew

Zoraida cache 7

Lelu

Lilitu

Nekima

2 Tots

Total 33ss

SideBoard 17ss

Doppleganger

Blood Shamen

Tot

Activate Miss Z and summon Vodoo Doll and obey target.

Activate Nekima gain bloodstones, Put heart on casting.

Activate Vodoo Doll and obey Lelitu to cast Lure (with automatic trigger from Nekima) on a previously activated model.

Activate Lelitu cast paraylise and beat up finish off with Lelu

Depending on strategy flipped grow 1 tot and keep the over tot as objective grabber or grow both tots.

But i fancy something different if it fails or i don't like how it plays then will go with the above list

Activate Miss Z and summon Vodoo Doll and obey target.

Activate Nekima gain bloodstones, Put heart on casting.

Activate Vodoo Doll and obey Lelitu to cast Lure (with automatic trigger from Nekima) on a previously activated model.

Activate Lelitu cast paraylise and beat up finish off with Lelu

This is something I've been looking at. Consider from the 2nd turn companioning the voodoo with Zoraida - use the voodoo to obey Lelitu to do lure then, if you need to, you can get Z to obey Nekima or someone to finish off the lured model once it's in range.

Maybe ditch the doppleganger and get 2 or 3 wicked dolls? From what i see they are really usefull for Collodi and the hag can summon more, but starting with them will free up her activations to obey and bewitch stuff.

Just my 2pence.

Thats was my initial list i was thinking of in the months leading to Collodi. I have not tried it out yet (been too busy for the flgs this week) but i have high hopes for the list and cant wait to try it.

Had my first game with the following list this week

Zoraida, the Hag -- 8 Cache

Collodi

4*Marionette

2*Stitched

3*Wicked Doll

got a 3,3 draw agaisnt sheamus. We both drew Claim jump so we did the shared Version. I took Hold out and Reclaim Malifaux. My opponent took Bodyguard on Noir and Hold out.

I had't realised how fast Collodi was with the marionettes 1st turn and i found myself in the centre of the board.

Towards the end it turned out to be a war of attrition in the center with Belles and marionettes being summond and killed.

Need to run the list a couple of more times. But tempted to swap out a wicked doll for primordial magic (see seperate thread)

Edited by AdrianMills