Off-line puppet questions

elril

I would hazard the guess that the booster packs are faction based, but who knows... well Eric does

I'm wondering if they plan on doing any duplicates of puppets - if there not all unique in the first place.

Also if there will be any link or integration with Malifaux - using the minis in Malifaux etc

If PW's was successful - which it will be - how long would it likely be until the next wave?

Will the unique to PW minis Eric has mentioned end up in malifaux?

That's all I got for now.

I would hazard the guess that the booster packs are faction based, but who knows... well Eric does

I'm wondering if they plan on doing any duplicates of puppets - if there not all unique in the first place.

Also if there will be any link or integration with Malifaux - using the minis in Malifaux etc

If PW's was successful - which it will be - how long would it likely be until the next wave?

Will the unique to PW minis Eric has mentioned end up in malifaux?

That's all I got for now.

Well, I do know that it was stated at one point that you COULD use a Puppet Wars mini in a normal game of Malifaux, so long as it was on the correct base size. However, I think they said that the P-Wars pieces would all be on small bases, so for something like the Executioner, you'd either need a way to swap it between bases, or have a 2nd one.

And Eric did say in the other thread that there would be 5 booster boxes, so I'd bet it's pretty likely that those will line up along the 5 faction lines.

It just occurred to me that I don't actually know anything about the objective of the game. So, did I miss something here, or has there been no information regarding that so far?

The objective of the game hasn't been revealed yet, mostly because the rules are still being developed/tweaked so things may still change.

The models however.. well.. :D

I would guess the objective is to beat the stuffing out of your opponent while keeping as much of your stuffing in place as possible.

I'd like to know more about the time commitment PW is going to take.Will it be a 5 minutes for rules, a lifetime to master thing? Will it be spend 2 hours reading the stereo instruction style rulebook?

Once you get playing, is one game going to take up the rest of the afternoon?

Will there be Organized Play? What format can we expect for that organized play?

I would guess the objective is to beat the stuffing out of your opponent while keeping as much of your stuffing in place as possible.

I'd like to know more about the time commitment PW is going to take.Will it be a 5 minutes for rules, a lifetime to master thing? Will it be spend 2 hours reading the stereo instruction style rulebook?

Once you get playing, is one game going to take up the rest of the afternoon?

Will there be Organized Play? What format can we expect for that organized play?

Those are questions..

Anyhoo..

Yeah, questions about the board could be interesting, I think. As in, is it all present once the game starts or expanded while playing, is the layout determined (semi-)randomly or by the players, etc.

Also, I found something about how to win a Puppet War here.

Nothing is said about whether you get your objectives at the start of a game similar to Malifaux (and other wargames) or just have a couple of win conditions that apply in every game you play, so maybe that would be a good question to ask.