A couple of basics for a new person

Static

Question

Myself and a few friends have just started playing malifaux and as can be expected, we started playing a few bad rules and are slowly clearing them up.

I have a couple I want to ask though, firstly we are playing a model can only cheat fate once a turn but I can't see it written down in the little rule book anywhere...

Secondly if a creature has no listed attack can it still bash.

Finally can korai produce two gaki from one model if Kirai uses spirit food then datsue ba uses weigh sins?

3 answers to this question

Hi Static, Welcome to the Forum!

Right, answer to your questions:

1, a model can cheat as many times in a turn as you have control cards to cheat with. Their is no limit. Just remember you cant cheat when the Black Joker is drawn, nor can you cheat when you make a negative flip.

2, All models in the game are assumed to have the Bash weapon attack. This also means all models have a 1" melee range, even those with no listed weapons.

3, I dont know the answer to that one off the top of my head, and not got Rising Powers to hand. I shall leave that one to someone else to answer....

1- You can cheat fate during a duel, a damage flip, or when a specific rule allows (pg 24 of the Rules Manual under Using Cards) Essentially a model can make 2 attacks in his activation and cheat both times if you have the cards to do it. Also note that you can't cheat when it's a negative flip.

2- Bash rules can be found on page 11 and 122 of the Rules Manual. Everyone has it and can use it unless a specific ability/effect makes it otherwise.

I'm not sure about Kirai, but I'm sure someone else will be along with the answer to that one.

All models have "bash". So yes everyone can do it.

You aren't restricted to cheating fate once a turn, but rather once a duel.

Situation - Kiari wants to bash perdita in combat

Kiari flips a 7 which when added to her 3 puts her on 10. Perdita flips a 1, which puts her on 9. Perdita is losing, so gets the first oppitunity to cheat/play soulstone.

She choses to cheat in a 5 which will replace her 1, putting her at 13. She then declines to spend a soulstone.

Then it is Kiaris turn to cheat/expend sousltone. She cheats in a 10, whcih would put her at 13, and decides to also spend a soulstone. That flips a 6, putting her at 19.

They declare any triggers and the duel is resolved as they have both had a chance to cheat. Kiari wins by a difference of 6 so will get an unmodified damage flip. She flips over a 4, so it does weak damage. Since she actually wants to hurt Perdita she then cheats a 12 for severe damage. She can do this as the damage flip wasn't at a negative flip.

She can then do a second action, which again she can cheat.