Tournament 10th September Leeds Wargaming Centre

Iron Skies

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be random on the day mate. Unless everyone manages to tell me their factions beforehand

Fair enough, seems like the day is going to be full of surprises! haha

Be a bonus if I can play someone I havent played before, and even more so if I dont play a top 5 UK player in my first game for a change!

Strategies are flipped from the core encounter chart at the beginning of each game. So there are no pre-announced Strategies. You rock up flip your strategy like a normal game then (Hopefully) scrape in a close but satisfying victory

Interesting dynamic as normally I know which schemes to take when as the strategies are all planned out. This should be interesting...

Part of the challenge, if it works I'll probably stick with this format in the future. In theory it removes any 'net listing' etc

I agree, the principle of net listing is lame. people should come up with their own lists, but atleast with the nature of Malifaux, Net listing is of limited value anyway.

However, as we are only using the Core Encounter list, its not that hard to come up with pre-planned schemes for each strategy...

Mind you, if you and your opponent have both played completely different strategies during the course of the tournament it might be possible to have to play one you have already played in one of those previous 3 games, so could make scheme selection interesting in the 4th game should you pre-plan schemes based on potential strategies to be played.....That is assuming someone pre-plans there schemes of course, not that id do that ofcourse!..haha

I agree, the principle of net listing is lame. people should come up with their own lists, but atleast with the nature of Malifaux, Net listing is of limited value anyway.

I love that coming from a Collette player. "35ss sir? Well, that will be Collette, Casandra, a Coryphee Duet, Showgirl/Performer and a Dove then please"

:lol:

Btw there are only 3 games at Leeds ;)

I love that coming from a Collette player. "35ss sir? Well, that will be Collette, Casandra, a Coryphee Duet, Showgirl/Performer and a Dove then please"

:lol:

Btw there are only 3 games at Leeds ;)

Haha, tou'che well we all know that is about the only list you can effectively take at 35ss with Showgirls, even with the Book 3 options...and they dont need to change that make up to be effective in different strategies (not unless your evil like we are and want to own a strategy turn 1!! lol)

Certainly for those forces that need to adapt to different strategies, net listing is just douche

Only 3 games, in that case Belgium the next day will be a piece of cake! lmao