"target friendly" ?

sechs

Question

Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this question was already resolved but I checked a little in the resolved rules questions and didn't found it...

When a spellcaster, cast a spell wich target a "friendly model" can he target himself ?

In my first opinion I thought no, but in Warmachine a caster can auto-target when the spell say "friendly model"...

For example marcus is a beast, he cast primal flame ("target beast make a healing flip"), can he heal himself ?

Thank you for your answer, I'm a french player, and in France it's not easy to found rules answer ^^

7 answers to this question

In essence you can as long as the spell does not require a resist flip.

If the spell requires a resist flip then you cant target yourself.

Pg18 of the rules manual covers it

Actually if it says this spell may target friendly models you can target yourself with it even if it has a resist flip.

A model cannot attack itself unless the attack's description states that it affects friendly models.

Something like that ghostwalker ;-) I didnt quite quote the Rules Manual but did simplify by mentioning that you can target yourself aslong as the spell says "target friendly model" as you always have LOS to yourself, as per the rule Ratty kindly refers to. As we discussed just so happens most of those spells (in my experience) that say target friendly model are not aggressive spells so no resist flips normally needed. Hence some confusion. lol

And thanks Ratty for clarifying that rule.

Edited by Drake