Hello from OHIO

knoerzer

Hello guys and girls, I am just starting to get into Malifaux, since my star wars miniature group quit and moved on to this. So I figured it would be a fresh start. I have been reading the rules and have bought my crew and have most of them painted. I have yet to play, but that would be due to work and college :/ But I will get to play in the next 2 weeks. So just stopping in to say hello, and will be posting more about my crew in other threads, and hopefully you guys can help me out.

Hello, and welcome to the fold!

There is always somebody around to help if you need it.

As a curiosity(I know you plan to post else where), but what crew(s) do you have?

Never mind! I saw your other thread, it's Lady J.

Edited by CrimsonWraith
epiphany

Welcome! Looks like you have some local players near you already, which is always the best way to get into a new game. Great to have you here on the forums as well, as you can see, we have a great group here! :)

Yep, we had a pretty solid SWM group here in SW Ohio over the past few years, and we've pretty much all migrated over to Malifaux. ;)

Hey! I am from Ohio also and just now getting into Malifaux (my minis literally arrived on my doorstep yesterday!). I don't have anything painted yet and I am kind of hesitant...I have never really 'based' a mini and have painted only one or two minis in my life!

I bought the Perdita box and the Lilith box for myself and my son...

I live in Hamilton (north of Cincinnati / south of Dayton) and look forward to getting started...unfortunately I don't have alot of money to put into it right now (have 4 kids and one of them is graduating this year) so i hope to play some small 'starter box' type games sometime soon!

Tim

Hey! I am from Ohio also and just now getting into Malifaux (my minis literally arrived on my doorstep yesterday!). I don't have anything painted yet and I am kind of hesitant...I have never really 'based' a mini and have painted only one or two minis in my life!

I live in Hamilton (north of Cincinnati / south of Dayton) and look forward to getting started...unfortunately I don't have alot of money to put into it right now (have 4 kids and one of them is graduating this year) so i hope to play some small 'starter box' type games sometime soon!

Tim

I realize that Anderson is quite a bit of a drive from Hamilton but you should join us at Art of War too. We could always use mor guild players.

Tim

Hi Tim! Welcome! I know there are at least a couple of other Malifaux players up in Dayton as well, as they've come down to Cincy once or twice. So you might also try calling the game stores up that way to see if they are running any events.

As a new player, definitely look at coming down to Art of War on June 4th. That's the 1 year anniversary for the store, and we'll be doing lots of stuff all day long, but most importantly, we should be running Malifaux demos the whole day. So, would be a good chance to come learn a bit, and get to meet some folks. There are LOTS of great modelers in our group here that would be more than happy to help you out with stuff like basing your pieces. ;)

Welcome Tim!

Thank you guys for all the hello's and greeting's! Glad to be apart of another great group!

Lobostele : I will be down June 4th to play and hopefully will have my entire crew painted and ready to play a few demos!

Looking forward to playing the game and meeting anyone that comes to the Art of War June 4th!